Rio over the sticks

Re: Rio over the sticks The end of the winter season, can I end with a win? Sandown 2.10 Looked at Ruby on Nanga Parbat but he looks to have a bit to find on the form & the stiff finish at this trip may find him out. Motorway has had a good season but may just be a bit high in the handicap now & might have had enough for the time being. The improver is Herakles 30pts @ 11/2 Pddy Power. Taken time to settle here after coming over from Germany but is clearly going the right way now. Goes on fast ground & improved for the step up to this sort of trip last twice. Stable still in decent nick & has a good record in this type of race & at the track. Sandown 3.20 Looking for something with under 11st, a novice or second season sort open to improvement. Liberthine fits the profile & the useful claim of the jock gets her in the handicap proper. Yet to win over 3m+ though from four tries & looks unlikely to stay. Presenting Express has improved all winter & gone up from 80 to todays 125 but is still 8lb out of the handicap so faces a ftiff task. Unseated LTO & jumping can be a bit iffy, not good round Sandown. My Will has 11st 2lb but what puts me off is this one is usually finds one too good & I'm not sure what it's best trip is either. Eric's Charm 30pts @ 8/1 VCBet is a course winner at just over 3m LTO when jumping well. Looks a progressive type & has only had two starts this season & looks to have been kept fresh for this. Slight doubt about this fast ground but has won on good in the past. Rio.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rio over the sticks No winner to end the thread but Eric's Charm ran a smashing race to finish second, if everything I backed put as much effort in I'd have no complaints. Staked 3290pts Returns 4083.80pts Profit/Loss +793.80pts Ante post bets 75pts Ante post profit/loss +278.51pts There were 111 bets plus 7 ante post bets a total of 118 wagers There were 29 winners & 1 placed from a rare ew bet The strike rate was almost 25% The final totals for the season, including ante post were, Staked 3365pts Returns 4437.31pts Profit/Loss +1072.31pts The profit on stakes was just under 32% The starting bank was 1000pts Finishing bank stands at 2072.31pts An increase to the the bank of 107% So thats it for the jumps for now, the flat gets into full swing with the Guineas meeting next weekend. Thanks to those who have shown an interest in my thread & good luck in your punting. Rio.