Weekend Football Bets > 15th - 19th August

image.png

image.png

Ok, this is it, we're in the brief honeymoon period between bemoaning the lack of decent quality football and complaining that there's just too much of it! Here are the opening Premier League fixtures with Man U and Fulham getting things underway on Friday night in what is likely to be a defining season for ten Hag in terms of his reputation. Chelsea v Man City is perhaps the tie of the round with some tricky games for the promoted teams.

West Brom v Leeds and Norwich v Blackburn are two of several interesting games in the Championship, we've got full programmes in Leagues 1 and 2 and in the National Leagues along with FA Cup preliminary round ties.

In Scotland there's League Cup action so only a solitary Championship game in the top two tiers but games as usual in Leagues 1 and 2. 

There are plenty of games in Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland but something tells me this isn't going to be the week when we see a flurry of bets posted on those competitions!

La Liga cheekily gets underway on Thursday (that's midweek mate!), Ligue 1 in France on Friday and Serie A on Saturday. Germany has cup action this weekend before the Bundesliga returns next weekend.

All of the other leagues that have been keeping us going continue as well so there's no shortage of games to go at.

I look forward to seeing plenty of winners flying in from all angles from you lot, augmented by one or two from me with a bit of luck.

Glad to see the Premier League finally back!

Premier League

Draws

The below games are priced up with draws as the outsiders in all three outcomes. I'm happy taking on the draws for matchday 1 and splitting even stakes across all draws 

Everton/Brighton draw - 3.55
Notts Forest/Bournemouth - 3.6
West Ham/Aston Villa - 3.75
Brentford/Crystal Palace - 3.6

1 draw from 4 yields a small loss with 2 or more draws showing a profit

Laying the favs

3 short priced favorites are playing on Saturday - Liverpool away to newly promoted Ipswich, Arsenal at home to Wolves and Newcastle at home to Southampton.

The favourites treble is 2.3 which feels shorter than the risk of 2 home and 1 away teams playing their 1st game of the season should be. 

I see value in spreading equal stakes laying all 3 of the favourites (Arsenal and Newcastle play at the same time which limits laying an effective treble on the exchanges)

Odds to lay on the exchanges at the time of placing bets were 
Liverpool 1.41 
Arsenal 1.23 
Newcastle 1.4 

1 fav not winning yields a small profit 

2 favs not winning fields a bigger profit and 3 favs failing to win yields the max profit.

4/5/6/7 folds

Will also place a small set of 4/5/6/7 folds of the above

Everton/Brighton draw - 3.55
Notts Forest/Bournemouth - 3.6
West Ham/Aston Villa - 3.75
Brentford/Crystal Palace - 3.6
Ipswich double chance - 3.25
Wolves double chance - 4.5
Southampton double chance - 3.25

The outlay for the small set for the above is 64 bets when combining 4/5/6/7 folds with the shortest priced 4 fold yielding 134/1

*bets were placed earlier in the week and stated odds above may have shifted since

Championship/League 1

3 games where the odds for the outright wins look big, I've backed the draw no bet siding with the draw as a saver

West Brom draw no bet at home to Leeds 3/2
Sheff Wed draw no bet away to Sunderland 1.6/1
Stockport draw no bet away to Blackpool 1.6/1

Good luck everyone on your bets this week!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.