Racing Chat - Friday 21st June (inc. Royal Ascot)

Ascot 2.30
Race one of day four begins with seventeen two year old fillies hurtling down the Ascot straight for the Group 3 Albany Stakes run over 6F. The two at the head of the market both seem to have solid claims with the Charlie Appleby trained Mountain Breeze just the pick over the Aidan O’Brien trained Fairy Godmother who won in Group 3 company at Naas last time out. Mountain Breeze is unbeaten in two starts at Newmarket, looking a horse to follow. She impressed when scooting clear of her field last time and even though that form hasn’t worked out she can only beat what’s in front of her and she can take this step up in grade in her stride under William Buick. An outsider who can run well is the Ollie Sangster trained Simmering who went off favourite on her racecourse debut when finishing third at York in a race where the winner, fourth and seventh have all won since.

MOUNTAIN BREEZE 1 point win @ 10/3 Ladbrokes

Ascot 3.05
The traditional 6F Group 1 Commonwealth Cup has attracted fifteen three year olds this season and the winner may be in the ownership of Sheik Mohammed Obaid as he has two live chances here in Karl Burke’s Elite Status, impressive in the enlisted Carnarvon Stakes at Newbury last time and Kevin Ryan’s Inisherin, who has been supplemented for this race having looked very good when dropping to 6F, having finished sixth over a mile in the 2000 Guineas, in the Group 2 Sandy Lane Stakes at Haydock on soft ground by 3 3/4L. He should be fine on drier ground and looks the one to be on with Tom Eaves retaining the ride.

INISHERIN 1 point win @ 9/4 bet365

Ascot 3.45
Just ten go to post for the Group 1 Coronation Stakes for three year old fillies run over the round mile. 1000 Guineas winner Elmalka, runner up Porta Fortuna and third Ramatuelle had only half a length split the trio and with the 8th Fallen Angel winning the Irish 1000 Guineas and 9th Dance Sequence running second in the Oaks is strong form. Any one of the trio could come out on top here but it’s the Aidan O’Brien trained Opera Singer who gets the vote. Arguably the best two year old filly in Europe last year winning the Prix Marcel Boussac by 5L on Arc De Triomphe weekend she apparently badly needed the run on her delayed re-appearance when finishing third (beaten 4 3/4L) to Fallen Angel in the Irish 1000 Guineas at The Curragh having had the worst of the draw as well. Sure to have improved considerably she looks a good bet to return to her smart juvenile form and give her trainer yet another winner at Royal Ascot with Ryan Moore in the saddle.

OPERA SINGER 2 points win @ 7/4 Ladbrokes

Ascot 4.25
A maximum field of nineteen have declared for the 1M 4F class 2 Duke Of Edinburgh Stakes Handicap in which you will need plenty of luck in running. The race may actually not be as competitive as the numbers suggest with six of the field coming back following a lay off. Willie Mullins got himself on the score card on Tuesday with Belloccio and his runner here Ethical Diamond, who has the assistance of Ryan Moore, looks the one to be with. He was having his first run on the flat for Mullins when going down by a nose to subsequent winner Saturn in a 10F Leopardstown handicap in May with the third that day also winning since. As a 1M 4F maiden winner at Limerick when in the care of Michael William O’Meara he will appreciate the two furlong longer trip and with a wide draw certainly not a dis-advantage in a big field over the past few years over this sort of trip looks the one to be with.

ETHICAL DIAMOND 2 points win @ 11/4

Ascot 5.05
A bumper maximum field of thirty three-year-old fillies will line up for the class 2 Sandringham Stakes. Many have chances including the favourite Indelible who is making her handicap debut having won a strong Doncaster novice stakes three weeks ago. One horse who looks quite well treated on her handicap debut is the John & Thady Gosden trained Cat Ninja. She beat Clove Hitch half a length at Windsor on her penultimate outing at level weights and that one has gone on and bolted up at Newbury to attain an official mark of 102. Cat Ninja has been allotted a mark of 91 and despite getting beaten into second place by a well supported Roger Varian horse since at Kempton that was over 7F and she will love going back up to a mile so in a wide open handicap can give her jockey Kieran Shoemark a good ride from hopefully a decent draw in stall 29 on the stands side. She can be backed each way with additional places.

CAT NINJA 1 point each way @ 25/1 Coral 1/5th 123456

Ascot 5.40
An open looking renewal of the Group 2 King Edward VII Stakes is up next with Aidan O’Brien setting a poser saddling four runners. Ryan Moore appears to have picked Diego Velazquez who’s finished fourth and eighth in the French 2000 Guineas and French Derby this season. He may have picked wrong mind as Agenda may well have bumped into a good one last time when runner up the ill fated Hidden Law at Chester in the Chester Vase, going down by 3L with 7 1/2L back to the remainder. Dylan Browne McMonagle comes in for the ride which will hopefully help the price! It’s an open renewal with the French raider Calandagan and William Haggas trained Space Legend also having claims.

AGENDA 1 point each way @ 7/1 Coral 1/5th 1234

Ascot 6.15
A maximum field of twenty eight have declared for the finale on day four. The 5F Palace Of Holyrood House Stakes is run over 5F and is open to three year old’s only. as you would expect the race has a wide open look about it although we will be getting extra places if we can find one to run well and hit the frame. Kevin Philippart De Foy’s Mukaafah can take a keen hold and may well be suited in dropping to the minimum trip and forcing the pace. He wore a first time hood when making all to win at Doncaster from subsequent winner Cool Dividend and a rise of 8lb may not be enough to stop him from running a big race again in a highly competitive handicap. Jim Crowley rides for his retained owners Shadwell Stud.

MUKAAFAH 1 point each way @ 14/1 bet365 1/5th 123456

Lord Chamberlain 6.20 Goodwood (14/1). Plenty of promise on debut when slowly away and only beaten by less than 2 lengths. Poor last time but that was on soft. Has a lowly mark for first handicap and a return to his debut form would put him in he picture.

1pt win 14\1 (bet365)

p\l: +5pts

Jockey definitely tried this time but the horse wasn't good enough.

Edited by yossa6133

Two bets for me today (more to follow if I fancy anything strongly enough)...

1740 Ascot Diego Velazquez 8/1 1.5pts e/w (ante post selection) now around 7/2 so if you do back I'd go 2pt win only

1745 Goodwood Soldier's Heart & 1910 Newmarket Midnight Gun MAX 5pt win double @ 5/2

Likely I'll have a couple more today and will post as and when 🐎🤝🏼💷

Be lucky if you follow 🙂

Edit...

1545 Ascot Ramatuelle 9/4 2pt win

1625 Ascot Ethical Diamond 9/4 3pt win

Edited by Hotspur88

Voyage                                   5 40 Asc/                                   1/40th of a pt ew     16/1

Arisaig                                    5 05 Asc/                                   1/40th of a pt ew     22/1

Gushing Gold                        5 05 Asc/                                   1/40th of a pt ew    100/1

Simmering                             2 30 Asc/                                   1/40th of a pt ew     16/1        - 2nd

Airman                                   6 15 Asc/                                   1/40th of a pt ew      50/1

Epic Poet                                4 25 Asc/                                   1/40th of a pt ew      44/1       - 2nd

Edited by black rabbit

3 hours ago, Hotspur88 said:

1740 Ascot Diego Velazquez 8/1 1.5pts e/w (ante post selection) now around 7/2 so if you do back I'd go 2pt win only

1745 Goodwood Soldier's Heart & 1910 Newmarket Midnight Gun MAX 5pt win double @ 5/2

Be lucky if you follow 🙂

Edit...

Two selections added 👍🏼

Good fav double up.

Have another in next 2 ramatuelle/ethical diamond

Also went elmalka with a free bet 1545

Shadow dance mb2nd 1625

Inedible and forever blue (freebie) 1705

Diego velasquez and ethical diamond double

Jubilee walk and woodhay wonder (freebie).

10 hours ago, Hotspur88 said:

Be lucky if you follow 🙂

Edit...

12pts staked

17.5pts returned

Profit of 5.5pts 👍🏼

Only the double landed but it was a strong MAX BET double selection 💥

4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

This 345 is an interesting race from our experiment pov was emalka that bad a winner that it is now 7/1? Porta Fortuna was also 7/1 this morn @MCLARKE @harry_rag

I've done alright so far this week but not on the group 1 races apart grom Porta Fortuna