** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

European Tour ‘24

The European Tour kicks off this weekend with the opening event being the Belgian Darts Open.

I’ll probably have another couple of outrights nearer the start, but taking the early 125/1 about Mike De Decker at Bet365. De Decker has started the season in the Players Championship events in fine form, in fact only Gary Anderson can boast a higher average than him across the first four events. This is also a home event for De Decker, and we saw at the end of the last Euro Tour season how much home advantage can be a factor, when Pietreczko won in Germany at big odds (picked out by @Fader I think).

I can only find a couple of bookies who have priced the event up so far, so you may get bigger odds if you wait, but 125/1 seems reasonable to me.

Here's what I'll be going with. Just as a sidenote, DVD is a player I want to keep an eye on between us all in the coming Players Championship. He looks primed to get back into things. I'm not sure he can win this weekend (50/1) but one to keep in thoughts

2pts Cross 14/1 Bet365
1pt e/w Heta 20/1 Bet365
1pt e/w Schindler 66/1 Bet365
---------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w De Decker 150/1 PP
0.5pts e/w Woodhouse 175/1 PP
0.5pts e/w Wattimena 200/1 Bet365

the top half is wide open now. I suppose Littler has it open for him but Heta beat him recently and Cullen is bang in form at the moment. Bottom half still has Price, Humphries and Cross in it, for De Decker so it will be pretty difficult for him to get into a final. He hasn't hit a decent average yet.

1 hour ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Noppert to beat Cross 2,30.

I actually favor Noppert in this one.

Noppert is due a good run somewhere. Will be a close one, that. 

3pts Price to beat Bunting evens Paddypower

I don't see how Price is the underdog in this match. The crowd have been firmly on his side this weekend and he hasn't lost a match in Belgium. He's hit averages of 101.21 and then 104.87 in the beating of Anderson. Bunting has played well too and hit good averages but he hasn't played anybody that has played that well against him IMO and it's been a nice route for him.

Van Den Bergh hit a 93 average, Josh Rock should have beaten Bunting in the end really with Bunting hitting a Bull winner in that decider and then De Decker hit a 95 average. 

I can see a Littler/Price final now

110 average!! and still not winning for Cross. Littler just bores me. cross 3 darts at D4 for 6-4 and misses was the turning point. 7-6 up and throwing for the match, too. 

Took out my 200/1 wattimena, who hit a 100 plus average too, in losing.

Just inevitable even when cross throwing for the match. 

1 minute ago, Fader said:

110 average!! and still not winning for Cross. Littler just bores me. cross 3 darts at D4 for 6-4 and misses was the turning point. 7-6 up and throwing for the match, too. 

Took out my 200/1 wattimena, who hit a 100 plus average too, in losing.

Just inevitable even when cross throwing for the match. 

Yes, normally Cross should have won... but Littler always finds a way to hit a 180 when only a 180 saves him... 

:(

But we should have known:

1st World Series - Littler

1st PC - Littler

1st ET - Littler

Funnily, Littler wll be not participate in ET2, as he failed to qualify.

2 minutes ago, Fader said:

I’m just bored of the same old winners of Humphries and littler now. Was better before littler came around 

Absolutely agree!

Now one has to pray Littler AND Humphries SOMEHOW both get eliminated... and it is not an easy task.

Just now, ThunderDan9 said:

Absolutely agree!

Now one has to pray Littler AND Humphries SOMEHOW both get eliminated... and it is not an easy task.

It’s one of the main reasons I liked darts so much but it’s becoming like all the other sports where it’s completely dominated 

On 3/10/2024 at 9:48 PM, Fader said:

I’m just bored of the same old winners of Humphries and littler now. Was better before littler came around 

Apparently both Humphries and Littler are missing the next couple of Players Championship events next week 😉

• 3 weeks later...

ET2 starts today. I’m away this weekend so going to miss most of the tournament, but have had a small bet on Dolan at 150/1 to win. He’s been chucking in some big averages on the floor, so hoping he can transfer that to the stage.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just gone with Dolan again in the outright market. Obviously a long shot, but he averaged over 100 again yesterday and can still be backed at 150/1 with paddypower. He’s got Price tonight, but seems to be playing well at the moment, and did knock Price out the World Champs in December.

I also like Heta to beat Rydz on the handicap today. Rydz is struggling at the moment, regularly averaging in the low 80’s over the last couple of weeks. Heta is 1/2 to win the match, but I think he might win this comfortably, gone with him at -3.5 on the handicap at 11/4.

2 hours ago, Fader said:

did have a little e/w on Schindler to be honest. After I found out he was local to the event and he was playing so well in his first match, I tried to get the 50/1 on him but it skipped to 33/1 annoyingly. Still, 33/1 was a great price. 

I guess that was his first PDC title.

It's a shame I missed him, as I bet on him on quite a few Germany-based events.

3 hours ago, ThunderDan9 said:

I guess that was his first PDC title.

It's a shame I missed him, as I bet on him on quite a few Germany-based events.

Yeah, pie played well too against price but they seem to love Schindler at that event. 

European Tour - Event 4 (Grand Prix)

I'm sticking with the guys I had last week as they didn't do too much wrong, especially Pietreczko. Ross Smith should have beat Price, too. Dobey is on the brink of another win, I'm sure. I'll also throw in Bunting. 

1pt e/w Dobey 33/1 Bet365
1pt e/w R.Smith 40/1 Bet365
---------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Bunting 40/1 Coral
0.5pts e/w Pietreczko 125/1 Paddypower

4 minutes ago, Fader said:

European Tour - Event 4 (Grand Prix)

I'm sticking with the guys I had last week as they didn't do too much wrong, especially Pietreczko. Ross Smith should have beat Price, too. Dobey is on the brink of another win, I'm sure. I'll also throw in Bunting. 

1pt e/w Dobey 33/1 Bet365
1pt e/w R.Smith 40/1 Bet365
---------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Bunting 40/1 Coral
0.5pts e/w Pietreczko 125/1 Paddypower

I went with Dobey and Smith too, I just hope Ross doesn't choke this time, LOL.

I'll also follow you on Pietreczko, he has a dangerous "A game".

It's funny how their prices skyrocketed because of Littler (and MVG).