Championship Predictions > 8th - 10th March

image.png

image.png

With midweek fixtures still to be resolved these are the prices for the weekend's Championship action. 2 games each could see a shake-up at the top and further down, though I'll go out on a limb and forecast that Rotherham will still be bottom whatever happens!. Some more insightful analysis would be most welcome, so please let us have your thoughts below.

Had a good bet on Ipswich away at Cardiff on the exchange (1.86) I wasn't impressed at all with Cardiff, even though they won yesterday (Huddersfield were poor for some reason). Ipswich are strong home or away and find a way to win even when not at their best.

I've also backed Ipswich on the handicap -2 at 6/1, which is obviously tough to cover but hopefully this will be one way traffic.

If they don't win I'll try to get some money back on Southampton vs a freefalling Sunderland.

Sheffield Wed vs Leeds United

2024-03-08T21:00+01:00

Sheffield Wed

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Callum Paterson (19/0 f), Kristian Pedersen (2/0 d), Juan Delgado (10/1 f), Josh Windass (19/3 m), Ian Poveda (7/0 d, on loan from Leeds)

Suspended: -

Leeds United

Doubtful: Jamie Shackleton (9/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Pascal Struijk (23/3 d), Stuart Dallas (0/0 d), Jaidon Anthony (24/1 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Sheffield Wed
18 home games
Leeds United
18 away games
1.1 Goals scored per game 1.5
1.2 Goals conceded per game 0.9
28% Clean sheets 44%
67% Team scored 72%
33% Team scored twice 39%
11% Scored in both halves 33%
50% Goal in both halves 50%

I couldn't really have been more wrong there. Ipswich got what they deserved with Cardiff scoring 2 in injury time. Cardiff were great for the first 20 and last 6 minutes, did nothing for the rest of the game. Ipswich had most of the ball but never looked like scoring, Moore was awful all game but scored with a half chance.

18 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

I couldn't really have been more wrong there. Ipswich got what they deserved with Cardiff scoring 2 in injury time. Cardiff were great for the first 20 and last 6 minutes, did nothing for the rest of the game. Ipswich had most of the ball but never looked like scoring, Moore was awful all game but scored with a half chance.

A bad beat nonetheless.