** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Game Week 25 Table & Game Week 26 Chat

fantasy.jpg

Well, the Punters Lounge Fantasy Football League never fails to offer up the drama does it! We have a new team at the top ladies and gents with @skyblues88's Show Me the Mane leapfrogging previous leader Steve Durrant's EsteSakaMinging to take a narrow 2 point lead at the summit. Big scores from the chasing pack also mean that the competition is becoming more wide open than ever before. What a time to be alive! :cheers

The Manager of the Week was always going to be hotly contested with a couple of the big teams in Manchester City and Liverpool having double game weeks. Inevitably, we saw a number of team scores breach the 100-point mark. However, it was the 159th placed @UmoruFC's Umoru FC who tallied up a staggering 111 points to take the highest score this week. That massive total was due to the genius decision to play a bench boost. This alone added 13 points and was bolstered by high scores from players such as Manuel Akanji, Bukayo Saka, Erling Haaland, Ollie Watkins, and Dominic Solanke. :clap

At the other end of the scale, it was further proof of how high-scoring this week was with the lowest score being set at a record high of 33 points this week. The Kindelan family have regained their residency in the village stocks with Marie Kindelan's QVC Shopper VIP (undoubtedly the oddest team name in the league) taking that accolade. It was far from the worst team score this season and far from the worst team selection but this league is unforgiving at the best of times. So grab your veg and have a pop at the head of Marie! :spank

The deadline for transfers this week is 1:30pm UK time on Saturday 24th February. Best of luck everyone! :ok

@StevieDay1983 I'm mightily relieved not to be the lowest scorer of the week lol.

Last week, in what can only be said to be a wild reckless use of the transferring policy, made wholesale changes to the tune of minus 16 points. Under the impression of arrogantly thinking "oh, my Manchester City player's have got a double game week this week. They'll easily trounce Chelsea and Brentford at home...." oh how wrong I was. So wrong, that this weekend for breakfast, dinner and tea I will be eating the delicious but not points gaining dish of sweet sweet humble pie lol.