Premier League Predictions > January 20th - 22nd

image.png

Here we go with what you might call the 2nd half of the staggered winter break fixtures. Arsenal can go level on points with Villa and City though I'm not sure I'd risk too much bankroll on them at 1/3. Liverpool can go 5 points clear but a win away to Bournemouth is no gimme if Solanke has his shooting boots on (hopefully be at a decent price to score in this game). Brentford v Forest gives both teams the chance to pull a bit clearer of the drop zone and could be a closer contest than the odds suggest. Let us know what you're thinking and about and backing for these games.

Arsenal vs Crystal Palace

2024-01-20T13:30+01:00

Arsenal

Doubtful: Gabriel Jesus (15/3 f), Oleksandr Zinchenko (18/1 d)

Out (injuries/other): Mohamed Elneny (1/0 m), Takehiro Tomiyasu (13/1 d)(both national selection), Jurrien Timber (1/0 d), Fabio Vieira (8/1 m), Thomas Partey (4/0 m)

Suspended: -

Crystal Palace

Doubtful: Jesurun Rak-Sakyi (6/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Michael Olise (9/5 m, 2nd top scorer), Jordan Ayew (19/2 f, national selection), Cheick Doucoure (11/0 m), Rob Holding (0/0 d), Joel Ward (16/0 d, captain)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Interesting facts based only on statistics
Arsenal scored at least one goal in 90% of home games.
Crystal Palace scored at least one goal in 90% of away games.
Arsenal scored at least two goals in 80% of home games.
75% chance that there will be at least 1 goal in the first-half.

Taken the tenner allowed on Odegaard SoT at evens with Hills ("Epic Odds"). Should be bigger than the original 1/2 but probably shorter than the enhanced evens. Exchange says around 1.8.

Also Arsenal DC (win or draw) and Jesus and Saka both to score at 8.81. File under "reasonable for an interest" what with Hills being best price about both.

Early game scorers:

Bowen at 14/5 and Soucek at 6/1, both with Uni

Neither hit any system triggers but I've played both based on stats. Bowen's speak for themselves, he's been so prolific this season that he would have been profitable to follow whether or not the system suggested he was "too short". Soucek has cooled slightly but I can't quite disregard a run where he scored in 5 out of 10 games. Seems to score when Ings starts but I'm not giving that any weight given the small sample size.

Hills dangled a carrot when they went 10/3 Ings and you could make a case that 3/1 is ok and that Bowen is flattered by being shorter than the out and out striker but, with Ings yet to score in a game he's started I'll swerve that as fair at best. 

Brereton-Diaz was interesting at 15/4 but that's been trimmed so no-bet unless I get matched on the exchange.