The Masters

5 minutes ago, 888888 said:

Anyone on Ronnie -2,5 frames at around 2.10 ?  The odds on -1,5 at 1.65 are too low for me 

Yes i have to say i like the price for -2.5 here too, 2/5 way too skinny for Ronnie outright.

At first glance, best price seems to be Unibet at 2.25, but i very much doubt that will last

Good luck to all

23 hours ago, amity said:

Richard Mann must be smoking some pretty strong stuff, he was clearly watching a different match to myself! 🤣 Yes, Robertson produced a couple of quality frames but he was godawful for most of the others, as was Hawkins. A couple of big breaks isn't much good if you're making basic mistakes and missing straightforward pots the rest of the time. Equally for Hawkins. No idea how Richard Mann is coming to these conclusions. 

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/masters-snooker-quarter-finals-preview-and-best-bets-ronnie-osullivan-set-for-tough-test-in-barry-hawkins-clash/215050

But I think Richard Mann might be spot on about Murphy/Lisowski as a century each is fully possible. Pays 2.75 at Coolbet

I'm going with the centuries today.In a first to 6, the way Ronnie is playing, I reckon he will hit a couple. He hit 2 against Ding aswell as a 93. He has hit 2+ in 3 of the last 4 matches he's played and is looking as strong as ever. Anybody thinking of a whitewash type match, PP are offering 2/1 on him winning 6-0, 6-1 or 6-2. I would probably expect something like a 6-3 type match. Perhaps 6-4. It depends what Barry turns up.

I think we'll probably see a couple of centuries tonight too, with both players looking decent in the last round match. Murphy didn't hit one but he hit 5 50+ breaks and 3 breaks of 71-89 whilst Jack hit one century and a 96. Between them, I can see a couple in a more competitive match.

2pts 2+ Centuries in both matches today 2/1 Skybet
2pts Ronnie to have 2+ centuries 11/8 Paddypower

1 hour ago, Fader said:

I'm going with the centuries today.In a first to 6, the way Ronnie is playing, I reckon he will hit a couple. He hit 2 against Ding aswell as a 93. He has hit 2+ in 3 of the last 4 matches he's played and is looking as strong as ever. Anybody thinking of a whitewash type match, PP are offering 2/1 on him winning 6-0, 6-1 or 6-2. I would probably expect something like a 6-3 type match. Perhaps 6-4. It depends what Barry turns up.

I think we'll probably see a couple of centuries tonight too, with both players looking decent in the last round match. Murphy didn't hit one but he hit 5 50+ breaks and 3 breaks of 71-89 whilst Jack hit one century and a 96. Between them, I can see a couple in a more competitive match.

2pts 2+ Centuries in both matches today 2/1 Skybet
2pts Ronnie to have 2+ centuries 11/8 Paddypower

I'm gonna go full throtle on Ronnie 2+ centuries at 2.60 and both to hit a century each in Murphy/Jack-Pot at 2.75 in a acca with Coolbet.

Edited by four-leaf

Both Ronnie and Barry should have a century each by now but both screwed up with amateurish positional play 🤦‍♂️. Hawkins very lucky to be on level terms, Ronnie sometimes displaying his 'can't be bothered' attitude. Needs to get his head down and focus on winning this and stop fooling around. 

Edited by amity
Typo

Just now, amity said:

Both Ronnie and Barry should have a century each by now but both screwed up with amateurish positional play 🤦‍♂️. Hawkins very lucky to be on level terms, Ronnie sometimes displaying his 'can't he bothered' attitude. Needs to get his head down and focus on winning this and stop fooling around. 

Absolutely , Ronnie should be 3-1 up if not 4-0 , damn

To be honest I can't imagine that Shaun or Jack will be as lowscoring as any other match this week so far so both to do a century and all in for me at 2.75 just to save the day as only Jack Draper in Adelaide has made me happy today.

On 1/10/2024 at 2:19 PM, Torque said:

Can't argue with any of that. Hawkins displayed his usual troubles closing as well. Unless O'Sullivan just doesn't turn up, I can't see Hawkins winning. First of all he's got to get the lead - which he might do - then he's got to finish it and that might be the worst aspect of his game. Dream scenario in-play is Hawkins makes a fast start and then back Ronnie. Hawkins has serious problems getting over the line and nerves seem to really affect him at the business end of a match.

That worked out. Ronnie went odds against when it looked like he might go 4-2 behind, but after making it 3-3 he didn't lose another frame. Poor standard from both though - I thought Hawkins might get ahead by playing better than Ronnie but it was actually because Ronnie was worse than an average Hawkins. Pot success not even close to what's required to win this tournament so unless it was just on off day from O'Sullivan he'll do well to win the tournament on today's showing.

I'm just taking a double today. Both bets handicaps. +2.5 for Carter, against Trump is achievable. It's 2-2 in the last four head-to-heads and Trump hasn't beaten Carter "easily" for a while. Selby and Allen is a coin toss, so 5/4 is value tonight. I'll take the +1.5 for the double to cover an Allen win.

2pts Allen +1.5 and Carter +2.5 handicap 2/1 Paddypower

I can tell you all one thing that Selby has in no way been any better than anyone this week. He fumbled away a frame for Milkins who cleared the table with 88 break. He wasn't exactly clutch in other frames either, his 6-1 looks better than it was and should have been 6-0 since Milkins gave it all away.

Just look at Trump just 10minago at 5-4 up breaks to 41 and suddenly puts the white in a hopeless position only able to hand it over. Shaun managed to snooker himself yesterday. A week of comedy. We are back in the medieval age.

I'm gonna go with Selby tonight. I think he knows what to expect from Allen, how dangerous he is, so, he'll drag him down to his rhythm, playing defensively till he draws the mistake from his opponent. 

The defending champion is out. Carter beats Trump 6-5.

54 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Just look at Trump just 10minago at 5-4 up breaks to 41 and suddenly puts the white in a hopeless position only able to hand it over. Shaun managed to snooker himself yesterday. A week of comedy. We are back in the medieval age.

Yeah but I think part of that from Trump is probably feeling like he was lucky to be in that position considering he was 4-2 down. 

25 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I'm gonna go with Selby tonight. I think he knows what to expect from Allen, how dangerous he is, so, he'll drag him down to his rhythm, playing defensively till he draws the mistake from his opponent. 

The defending champion is out. Carter beats Trump 6-5.

Glad about this. Means Allen beats Selby tonight and he has to beat Carter to make a final. 

5 minutes ago, Fader said:

Glad about this. Means Allen beats Selby tonight and he has to beat Carter to make a final. 

Playing Carter is certainly an easier path to the final than playing Judd. But tonight's hurdle is a big one, and I doubt he'll get past it.