** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Game Week 17 Table & Game Week 18 Chat

fantasy.jpg

The big question on everyone's lips this coming weekend is "Who will win the coveted Christmas Number One for 2023?". Is it Sam Ryder with "You're Christmas To Me"? Or maybe Wham!'s "Last Christmas"? Or will there even be a poignant top spot given to The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl for "Fairytale of New York"? Well, all of those candidates might be in with a chance but that's the Christmas Number One that nobody cares about. That's the Punters Lounge Fantasy Football League Christmas Number One!

Heading into the final weekend of action before Christmas Day, we still have @Gray306 leading the way but his lead is now just 6 points after second-placed Steve Durrant made up some ground last week. A gap has now started to open up between the top two and the rest of the chasing pack so you have to say the smart money is on one of those two taking top spot on Christmas Day this year.

The Manager of the Week accolade goes to Paul Barrett and his Alfies Lad team. A round total of 84 points was an impressive showing which was even more impressive given the team captain Luis Diaz only managed to earn 6 points. The duo of Mohammed Kudus and Cole Palmer notched up 30 points between them. That certainly helped. A defensive back three of Konstantinos Tsimikas, Pedro Porro, and Trent Alexander-Arnold also bagged a total of 24 points between them. A classic example of a proper team effort.

On the flip side, we must put a new manager in the village stocks this week. In what is one of the worst weekly scores we've encountered this season, it was Darama Mallum Wadai's Rexyking team who could only muster 17 points. The fact that the squad still possesses Kepa Arrizabalaga, Davinson Sanchez, and Harry Kane suggests that the manager might've been placed on gardening leave. Oh deary me.

The deadline for transfers for this week is an unusual 6:30pm UK time on Thursday 21st December! Best of luck everyone! Hopefully, the tables will update on Christmas Eve after the Wolves versus Chelsea game. If they are not updated before I head out for a Christmas Eve family party then I'll get them updated. Otherwise, I'll post an update as soon as I can over the Christmas period. If I don't message before then, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :cheers