Non-league predictions - 28th October

Darran

Oldham v Altrincham
I wrote in the preview for Tuesday's games that I thought we might have got away with one with Oldham beating Rochdale on Saturday based on the stats. That as well as the price drop meant I left them alone against Fylde and it was certainly the right decision as they were awful. They barely created a chance and in the end Fylde ran out very easy 3-0 winners. I was clearly surprised that they were so bad, but it does suggest that Mellon might have his work cut out. First home game in charge might well see some improvement, but we know how good Altrincham are and for me they have to be backed.

Woking v Bromley
A goal on the counter attack meant Woking beat Eastleigh on Tuesday night which was a much needed win for them. Bromley meanwhile needed a wonder goal in injury time to beat Dorking, but that continued their superb run of form which is only ruined by a poor performance at Chesterfield. They are the likely title winners though so nothing that wrong with that and I just can't have them at such a big price to win this.

Curzon Ashton v Chester
After a slow start to the season Chester have found their form of late and have won their last 3 games 2-0 which includes a win over Hartlepool in the FA Cup. I would make them favourites to win this as I think we will see Curzon struggle a bit after losing their manager to Kings Lynn and they have lost their last 2 league games.

Eastbourne v Slough
I thought when Slough came back from 2 down to level it at 2-2 on Tuesday night against St Albans that we were in with a chance, but then Slough conceded a 3rd. That was their 1st defeat though in 6 games whilst Eastbourne have only won once in their last 6, ironically enough that was a 3-2 win against St Albans. Slough have drifted out and look a big price because I don't think there is a great deal between these two sides.

Royston v Needham Market (Southern Premier Central)
The away side have only lost once in the league all season and they pushed York so close in the FA Cup the previous round so they are looking very strong this season. Royston have only lost once at home, but they have only won once in their last 6 games and Needham look a decent bet to pick up another 3 points.

Didcot v Sholing (Southern Premier South)
Sholing now have former Sutton and Havant boss Paul Doswell in charge and after a poor run of form they are doing much better and are now unbeaten in 5. They look much stronger than a Didcot side who got thumped 7-1 by Totton on Wednesday night. They have won just once this season and have key players missing through injury and suspension on Saturday. I think they look the best bet of the weekend.

Prices from Thursday afternoon 

Altrincham 1pt @ 19/10 with Bet365  (11/5with Paddy Power and Betfair and take up to 13/8)
Bromley 1pt @ 11/4 with Bet365, Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 2/1)
Chester 1pt @ 29/20 with Paddy Power and Betfair (Skybet are 13/8 take up to 5/4)
Slough 1pt @ 23/10 with Paddy Power, Betfair and William Hill (take up to 15/8)
Needham Market 1pt @ 5/4 with Betfred (Skybet are 13/10 and take up to 11/10)
Sholing 2pts @ 11/8 with Skybet, William Hill and Bet365 (Betfred are 6/4 and take up to Evs)

Darran i had luck to take Antepost on Altrincham to finish top 7 (price drifted on winning from what you posted so i took them to finish top 7 for odds of 10. I can cashout now on 5.5 and i think it's steal for me, but i would want to hear your opinion. Some rough patch of form and the fact this league is so equal makes me think i shouldn't wait to cash it out and it will cover a lot of my antepost bets especially as i cashed out Scnuthorpe that was biggest bet.

4 hours ago, gruja said:

Darran i had luck to take Antepost on Altrincham to finish top 7 (price drifted on winning from what you posted so i took them to finish top 7 for odds of 10. I can cashout now on 5.5 and i think it's steal for me, but i would want to hear your opinion. Some rough patch of form and the fact this league is so equal makes me think i shouldn't wait to cash it out and it will cover a lot of my antepost bets especially as i cashed out Scnuthorpe that was biggest bet.

I wouldn’t cash out as I think they will finish top 7 but totally up to you of course