Racing chat-weds 4th Oct

Well....yesterday's bet was big let down ....well backed but blew it in stalls ..gave about 5 lengths away in last and that was it .....very disappointing but that's racing for ya ....

7.00 kemp 

Elzaam blue 8.0 6/1 

Saturnalia  7.8. 8/1 

Dionysian.  7.5 

Surrey noir 7.4 

Competitive race so I'll play safe and go 3pt Ew top 2 for a bit of action ...4 places 

Edited by richard-westwood

Morning all

I'm on a relentless sweep towards a target of forty winners this month and am already on fourteen since Sunday including ace impact and the latest last night with two winners in America one of whom  bolting up by six plus lengths ( eased down)  the brilliantly monikered

Extrasexybigdaddie  and three one one. 

The  point of all this none. it is just fun on route to a more important target of understanding the physics that acts in the world around us and how remarkably that is expressed in a humble horse race crack that ( and I think I have) then I can move on to tricasting and forecasts.

Todays target is simple four winners  from fewer races.

if Navan is on, the search starts there in the first race.

Navan

two horses fit my draw data criteria

stall 10 and 11

Occupied by 

Bruce lightning ( non runner)

SOUTHBANK

win best prices available 

OUR DAGGER

each way 150/1 or better 

Joseph O’Brien farms maidens particularly on the all weather and artificial surfaces is where his horses cut their teeth in preparation for track debuts and he may have one ready here.

One massive anomaly ( my favourite word this last month) in Irish racing is the use of barrier trials at Dundalk. They have now spread to turf barrier trials I think here at navan or naas this year. They are not widely publicised. Last year they appeared on the Racecard but no longer. The oddity of a horse in a maiden boasting a course and distance win is peculiar to Ireland and Hong Kong -where barrier trials  are mandatory -. 

immediately Bruce lightning is out, a non runner before even entering the racetrack.

two horses in particular may be impacted by the absence.

our dagger 150/1 was identified as a gelding and not an entire before his debut. He subsequently finished down the field. I’m expecting an improvement here. The other beneficiary may well be southbank never seen a race track but already fitted with headgear and readied to make an impact here.

Edited by Sporting Sam

Happy valley 1245

to maintain the international flavour as part of the journey.

my Intellegent

each way

Miracles

win

Miracles has proven hard to win with and today has the best opportunity so far, thanks in part to the weights and a very handy draw. But wholly, the acquisition of premier jockey

Zac Purton.

My intelligent never misses a beat and will pick up any available slack here. A course winner and likely a contender.

Hong Kong, America, Ireland, France, England not sure if I’ve managed Scotland yet in this run of fifteen winners but my intelligent did it nicely there at Happy valley and there is the profit locked away nicely for the day. I’ll bank that and look for my three more winners required today. Just 25 to go. Miracles the runner up.

Edited by Sporting Sam

I have to point out a selection error Navan 1355

more profit 

each way 

should be the both the draw data selection and free energy selection as he is drawn in stall 9.

our dagger is actually drawn in stall 1 as stall 1 is traditionally the box seat draw anywhere in the world for obvious reasons, he remains a selection despite the error.

our dagger meets the favourite in stall 13 on the traverse as well and while the favourite comes out of a deep race, she meets lots of rivals.

GavinCromwells runner more profit has shown up well on both of his two runs particularly the debut when tracking leaders before falling away and following an automatic withdrawal when a reserve has reached a creditable fifth place in a 19 runner field. Seen money today and both previous runs.

one more selection for this race.

this isn’t the grand national and you’ll rarely find me backing more than three in any other race this year but today’s opener is different this is a one pound win bet.

Since last week, when some complete numbnuts cut down the beautiful tree at sycamore lodge by Hadrian’s wall I’ve been looking for an appropriately named horse 

and PHOTOSYNTHESIS 

fits the bill

Edited by Sporting Sam

Navan 2:25

draw data

Avanti Avana

Each way

strong chance with Wesley Joyce claiming seven pounds

WEST OF WICTHITA

Win

not been getting home jockey change and claiming a massive ten pounds touched off by an improved Jessica Harrington horse in a maiden but should go close now having gone handicapping already with this big weight advantage now

Navan 1655

Buzzen

Any city

carrickfin

all each way 

the draw data horse here is  Buzzen who last won in England off 84 a long time ago.

Bangor 1705

Act Of Authority

win

olly Murphys runner has very classy credentials having  run second to Florida dreams in a bumper prior to that one winning graded bumper at Liverpool.

This doesn’t guarantee  a maiden hurdle win but the credentials are strong..

Edited by Sporting Sam

My final selection on here and at-the end of the evening I’ll say my goodbyes and list my results for the month.

kempton 1900

Surrey noir 

win

was a game winner last run and is given another shot at this decent race.

see you boy

each way

Marco botti’s runner is drawn to attack here and after a spell on the continent is of big interest here.

9 minutes ago, Sporting Sam said:

My final selection on here and at-the end of the evening I’ll say my goodbyes and list my results for the month.

kempton 1900

Surrey noir 

win

was a game winner last run and is given another shot at this decent race.

see you boy

each way

Marco botti’s runner is drawn to attack here and after a spell on the continent is of big interest here.

It’s resolved, I’m carrying on. 
great ratings by Richard Westwood to bag this race. 👍.

kempton 1930

Lots of questions about all of these runners I’ve done a bit of digging and think that two runners have above average claims here.

first up is theme park who looks the best of these closely followed by royal pleasure 

both get free energy from artician a non runner.

Gulmag deserves a chance too so a small win on him.

Gulmag

theme park

win

Royal Pleasure 

each way

i will be having twice the amount each way here than the other two.

9 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

730 kemp 

Gulmarg. 8.2 15/2 4th 

Behind the scenes 7.9 11/2 2nd 

Tempo star.  7.6 

5pt wins top 2   

Edit plus .5 Ew doubles top 2 with top 2 above 

10 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Well....yesterday's bet was big let down ....well backed but blew it in stalls ..gave about 5 lengths away in last and that was it .....very disappointing but that's racing for ya ....

7.00 kemp 

Elzaam blue 8.0 6/1 1st 

Saturnalia  7.8. 8/1 

Dionysian.  7.5 2nd 

Surrey noir 7.4 4th 

Competitive race so I'll play safe and go 3pt Ew top 2 for a bit of action ...4 places 

Bit unlucky ...1st 2nd 4th .....so small Ew doubles X2 and 6/1 winner ....probably just made a point or two profit overall but I'll fight another day .....ratings performed well that's all that matters 

Draw data for the last race

no news

each way 

this maiden holds a big chance and drawn in stall six ridden by Sean levy started out against tonight’s breeder cup turf winner mischief magic taken a very different path to be here on the same card tonight

mintana

each way

28/1 winner last time owes me nowt

Edited by Sporting Sam

Round up time

I had myself down for twenty winners so far but can only find 19 so until I find otherwise  

I need another 21 to reach my target. I’m taking a breather from here for a while to get some focus and plan to land a tricast in the interim. Going well.

winners so far in October 

sunday 1st October 

three in Hong Kong 

Stolz

Blue marlin

one in Düsseldorf ridden by Luke Morris.

Brave Emperor 

one at Longchamp 

Ace impact

one in the states on the USA thread.

Loved Reilko 

monday

R. Admiral  Won stateside @ 15/8

tuesday

chalk mountain 

tele red 

hartswood @ 8/1 ( was second to tele red before)

de capo

won the bumper for Gordon Elliott

two  more stateside 

extrasexibigdaddie 

three one o one 

todays winners

cannock park ( and the runner up)

mischief magic 

breeders cup winner to kempton park via two below par runs on turf and wind surgery. Pushed out to win and won well.

Act Of Authority ( won 14 lengths)

phoyosynthesis

classic concorde

my intelligent  ( and the runner up)

won in Hong Kong 

Edited by Sporting Sam