Game Week 1 Table & Game Week 2 Chat

fantasy.jpg

Hello everyone! We are back for another season of the Punters Lounge Fantasy Football League! @Gazza's United is aiming to defend his title against all foes in what is set to be the most popular and competitive season yet!

Let's get stuck straight into it! We have an early doors leader in @eagle224 and his Strike for Maupay side. Their impressive 93 points haul is enough to take top spot for this opening week. Asides from the standard decision to select Erling Haaland as his captain he made the crazy horse decision to play his bench boost. This immediately paid off with his bench bringing home a total of 28 points. :clap

It's also great to see a few familiar faces already in the leading pack with the likes of @Team Sagga's Team Sagga, @u1905068's Amics d'Eric Djemba, and @jarvisla's Jarv's Juggernauts all starting the first week in the top 15. Can they keep in the mix?

Now we come to everyone's favourite time of the week. The Name of Shame! @nawoo, the great disgrace lands at your door this opening week! Just the 31 points gained. It didn't help that you had Gabriel Jesus and Christopher Nkunku injured. Still, it seems like a solid enough team so with a couple of tweaks I'm sure you'll be climbing up the table.

Interesting to see Haaland and Alexander Isak both scoring 2 goals this week. Manchester City host Newcastle this coming weekend. It's 7/1 with Bet365 for both players to score in that game... I do need to transfer Harry Kane out of my team this week and Isak certainly seems like a tempting choice!

The deadline for game week 2 is 6:15pm BST on Friday 18th August. Best of luck to you all!

I don't like the bench boost token, so got it out of the way early this year so I don't have to think about it.  Normally I end up playing it near the end of the season and end up with little reward but this season has been a good return.

I'd been busy so missed the Gabriel transfer rumours so had no time to change him but otherwise I'm happy with my start to the season for a change.

I've just got to reduce the expense on my bench now and put that elsewhere over the next few weeks and try to keep the good start going.