Bit of Fun Glorious Goodwood Lucky 15 Competition

I tend to find that if I add extra filters in the base data ROI improves but the live bets deteriorate. I did look at just betting in those races where there was only 1 selection but again the results were worse.

I may drop some of the longer priced selections, for those priced at 20/1 and above I have add 2 winners from 110 selections with a loss of 63 points. 

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

I tend to find that if I add extra filters in the base data ROI improves but the live bets deteriorate. I did look at just betting in those races where there was only 1 selection but again the results were worse.

I may drop some of the longer priced selections, for those priced at 20/1 and above I have add 2 winners from 110 selections with a loss of 63 points. 

Dropping the big prices is in my view a mistake but that would depend on your way of selecting your horses i suppose, i do know that if i did it then it would cost me a fortune. i have a totally different way of selecting lucky 15 horses compared to singles even though there are plenty of crossovers. Lucky 15's horses need not be as rigorously "tested" as the singles bets. By that i mean you can take a chance on them if the price is right or you remember something about them or even if the trainer is red hot, horses with poor form or old form win plenty of races in the right circumstances, basically you can be more flexible in your thinking because the stakes are small whereas if you going to slap 50+ quid on one you have gotta be pretty sure you have good reason.

2 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Dropping the big prices is in my view a mistake but that would depend on your way of selecting your horses i suppose, i do know that if i did it then it would cost me a fortune.

I can only go on what the numbers are telling me, the benefit of the bonuses on the higher priced horses do not offset the losses. It follows the logic of the favourite longshot theory.

14 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Like Zil, i'm thinking out loud, but could you not try your daily bigger priced selections in an ew L-15 and see how that goes? I'm sure you will have a record of how many of those bigger prices placed so will probably already know if that would be a worth-while option. I think @LEE-GRAYS has mentioned on occasions he has used some of your bigger prices in, i assume, an ew L-15, so maybe he would know if you haven't. 

1 minute ago, LeMale said:

Like Zil, i'm thinking out loud, but could you not try your daily bigger priced selections in an ew L-15 and see how that goes? I'm sure you will have a record of how many of those bigger prices placed so will probably already know if that would be a worth-while option. I think @LEE-GRAYS has mentioned on occasions he has used some of your bigger prices in, i assume, an ew L-15, so maybe he would know if you haven't. 

Interesting point. I don't actually have those records but when I get a bit of time I'll go back and see how easy it is to calculate it.