Royal Ascot Day 3 - Thursday June 22nd

Ascot 2.30

The Norfolk kicks the day off and could turn out to be a match between the American challenger American Rascal, who’s dam Lady Aurelia loved Ascot and Karl Burke’s Elite Status who was so impressive at Sandown last time. They’re both priced accordingly mind and I’ll look for a bit of value with the Donnacha O’Brien trained Devious who won on his debut at Naas in good style.

DEVIOUS 1 point each way 14/1 William Hill 1/5th 1234

Ascot 3.05

As alway a highly competitive renewal with several unexposed three year olds. My shortlist comprises of top weight Bertinelli who won the London Cup last time and may still have a bit in hand of the handicapper, Davideo who makes his handicap debut here following a Newmarket maiden success and Sir Michael Stoute’s Perfuse making his handicap debut.
A tough call but the pick is the Aiden O’Brien top weight Bertinelli.

BERTINELLI 1 point each way 7/1 bet365

Ascot 3.40

The supplemented Al Asifah looks very smart and is arguably the best three year old filly around. She’ll be hard to beat but has been priced accordingly at around the Even money mark. Bluestocking can turn the tables on her Newbury conqueror Warm Heart and looks one for the frame but I can’t look beyond Al Asifah who looks very good.

AL ASIFAH 2 points win 10/11 888Sport

Ascot 4.20

A good renewal of this famous staying race with no standout champion this season. Coltrane is the most obvious contender as he loves the track and stays so well whilst last year’s St Leger winner Eldar Eldarov ran a great trial at York and promises to be well suited by this longer trip. The Gosden’s have had such a great time of late in the race with Stradivarius and may have found another good one in the unbeaten Courage Mon Ami who is also stepping up markedly in trip but wasn’t stopping last time and on ratings hasn’t much to find. An unbeaten horse ridden by Frankie Dettori he’s the pick here with the Godolphin runner Yibir another to consider if he sees the trip out.

COURAGE MON AMI 1 point each way  7/1 bet365 1/5th 1234

Ascot 5.00

As always a real minefield of a race with thirty three year olds hurtling down the straight course. My short list consists of Sheila Lavery’s well thought of Fort Vega who looks nicely treated, Royal Cape who ran into one last time out at Haydock and the five timer seeking Racingbreaks Ryder who may still be ahead of the assessor.
My pick is the Irish raider Fort Vega who his trainer still harbours Group aspirations for him.

FORT VEGA 1 point each way  25/1 bet365 1/4 1234
ROYAL CAPE 1 point each way 20/1 bet365 1/4 1234

Ascot 5.35

Another tough contest where it maybe worth chancing Exoplanet who was a real eye-catcher last time out in the London Cup at Newbury where he was badly drawn and had a wide trip all the way round but still finished third. Torito and Caernarfon look possible dangers but to small stakes it’s Exoplanet each way.

EXOPLANET 1 point each way 15/2 William Hill 1/5th 1234

Ascot 6.10

Another 29 runner cavalry charge in the shape of the Buckingham Palace Stakes Handicap. Kingdom Come is the tentative pick now dripping back in trip for Clive Cox. He appeared to run out of petrol within the final furlong last time out at Newbury and can be thereabouts.

KINGDOM COME 1 point each way 14/1 Coral 1/5th 123456

Brittania 5.00 asc 

Finns charm   8.5 40/1 

Saxon King 8.5  18/1 

Royal Cape 8.3  22/1 

Betterdayscomin  8.1 25/1 

Docklands   7.8 

Surely not   7.7 

Incredibly difficult race as you can tell by betting ... .bookies going  16/1 2nd fav !!!....so its gotta be worth a punt ..... biggest factor i have is I think 12 /24 winners were drawn within 5 of either rail .(50%) .....un fortunately all top 4 are all drawn within 5 ...noooo....but huge prices and stats are in their favour so I'll try 10pt wins all 4 and hope a nice win is on the cards 👍 

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.