Tennis Tips - June 5 - June 18

Madison Brengle to beat Daria Saville at 1.67 with William Hill

Emina Bektas to beat Caroline Dolehide at 1.70 with Unibet

Bektas has played herself into some serious form recently, losing only against Alexandrova after winning 9 grass court matches in a row, while Dolehide is yet to play on the surface this year. Meanwhile, Saville hasn't played for a year now, so it's a bit hard to expect a good performance from her.

@Smiles Tennis You are a good man. I like you, and reading what your beliefs. I think you are a great addition to this place, and I'm sure you've been here for a long time also because I have recalled your name a time or two. You probably saw I picked Watson yesterday. I was extremely confident in her winning vs Golubic because I know that Swiss was dealing with an injury, and Watson would beat her on pure athleticism. 

I don't have a strong opinion about that match, and I think Boulter is one of the most dangerous players I've ever seen on grass courts. I also think Harriet Dart has played that role in the past, and I guess Boulter ran right through her. I am suspicious of Dart being in top form.  So for me.. I cannot bet that match because I am a fan of Heather Watson, and I believe she has a chance to win.. Boulter scares me alot.. I see the match like 48% Watson 52% Boulter, and I am really confused even just saying those numbers. So I would say I have no opinion on the match whatsoever as to who will win. 

As for the other matches going on. - I guess I would say that I believe Griekspoor is extremely dangerous in Holland right now.. He is getting huge support, and he is playing quiet well.  

Ruusuvuori was one of my top bet considerations yesterday, and I played too safe with a couple of matches.. But I handled myself well in other sports market.. So, I am content and confident with my bankroll yesterday.  I know for a fact that CzechPunter would not bet on Emil Ruusuvuori because I understand his betting style.. But, I do know he likes to bet favorites.. Frankly, I will say that I am fan of both players being Tallon and Emil. But, this is a situation in which you can only consider betting the underdog or leaving the match entirely. I promise you that is good advice regardless of what happens. Good luck on your bets today, and I look forward to seeing some more of those spreadsheets, hopefully with some of the more relevant matches.

WTA Nottingham - Watson to beat Boulter - 2.42 with Betfair

Both players playing very well this week. Boulter beat Dart, who probably beat herself with her bad attitude, and Watson beating some very capable grass players this week. Three Brits in the SF's means motivation is high as they all chase the coveted British #1 spot and Wimbledon WC's. 

Watson has the experience here as she has played in 11 WTA semi finals before with this being Boulters first. Boulter is in better recent form but this week Watson has been on fire and with her experience, I think 2.42 is a value pick. 

3 hours ago, Smiles Tennis said:

WTA Nottingham - Watson to beat Boulter - 2.42 with Betfair

Both players playing very well this week. Boulter beat Dart, who probably beat herself with her bad attitude, and Watson beating some very capable grass players this week. Three Brits in the SF's means motivation is high as they all chase the coveted British #1 spot and Wimbledon WC's. 

Watson has the experience here as she has played in 11 WTA semi finals before with this being Boulters first. Boulter is in better recent form but this week Watson has been on fire and with her experience, I think 2.42 is a value pick. 

I think Watson is prime for a deep run somewhere soon.. Grass or American hard courts. There may be value on this for you, but atleast 5/10 times .. I'm seeing Boulter get the result here.. So the value is pretty slim. I'm looking for something with more margin. Good luck on Watson. I usually only watch her matches when I"m ready to bet her.

8 minutes ago, money44 said:

I think Watson is prime for a deep run somewhere soon.. Grass or American hard courts. There may be value on this for you, but atleast 5/10 times .. I'm seeing Boulter get the result here.. So the value is pretty slim. I'm looking for something with more margin. Good luck on Watson. I usually only watch her matches when I"m ready to bet her.

Value will always be slim in the few hours before the match. Better value needs to be grabbed the night before, or as soon as the market opens really. 

I disagree.. There is quite a few times when the number gets imploded.. The bookies use cute tricks for a long time I saw. They will actually line the person they think is going to win @+110 odds, and then the general Joe Public will assume that the -130 is going to win because they are favored.. I know this because I did it myself one too many times years ago. And alot of times these lines can inflate bigger.

Watson will be under fire all match in my opinion having to defend everything and being at a serving disadvantage also. not something I would feel good about.  

I didn't realize the match had started. I'm gonna check it out.

Edited by money44

5 minutes ago, money44 said:

I disagree.. There is quite a few times when the number gets imploded.. The bookies use cute tricks for a long time I saw. They will actually line the person they think is going to win @+110 odds, and then the general Joe Public will assume that the -130 is going to win because they are favored.. I know this because I did it myself one too many times years ago. And alot of times these lines can inflate bigger.

Watson will be under fire all match in my opinion having to defend everything and being at a serving disadvantage also. not something I would feel good about. 

But she's serving first now and it's 3 all. I like Boulter and hope it goes well for her.

16 minutes ago, money44 said:

I didn't realize the match had started. I'm gonna check it out.

The sharp punters will be all over the bookies and the exchanges taking the underdog price if she actually should be the favourite. As you get closer to the start the exchanges and Pinnacle are usually very accurate as to the true price as all the money has come in. If a fave is priced as the underdog they won't be for long as it will get hoovered up fast.

Book: William Hill

Tallon Griekspoor to win Libema Final @ -155

Jan Lenard Struff to win Boss Final @ Even

Go ahead and book, cook, and bake these, and burn them if you need to. 

Please only like this post if you agree with both of the picks.  I'm not going to write analysis on these.. We have some great punters here that are very cool to talk matches with. Maybe this is the varsity team, because we got a cheerleading squad also.  Post your picks regularly, and give some analysis if you want. In my opinion I'd rather you post the picks with some organized format, and don't worry about being wrong everytime. We are all responsible for our own betting decisions. 

I don't want my posts to be about whether you like me or my writing. If you agree with me.. This gives information in certain cases that could be helpful. So, this is why I ask for specific request of this.  

It's possible but I have noticed some big improvements in his game. The evolution of Struff is quite impressive because his game elevated to a tipping point in which he is now extremely dangerous with all the big weapons.. You have improved baseline game on both wings, incredible net play that is almost unmatched, and maybe most importantly of all.. A far improved first and second serve which was one of his biggest problems. Can't say exactly what happened over the past couple of years, but I think his confidence improved quite a bit.

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

Well I made a misstake yesterday going in on Watson. I don't know why I went in on Watson when I wanted Boulter to win which she did and now she's winning her first title.

I wanted Boulter to win and thought she would as well,  but she was a bit short for me so Watson was the bet.

I'm often backing players I think will lose but if the price is big enough its the best bet. 

The value theory is bullshit. Value is when you deal once for ever, for example when you buy a car, a house in auction, or similar. Where is the value on betting? You win and after you lose. You win a 'value' bet and after you lose because you are addicted idiot. Never tell me about your bullshit value theories. Thanks

1 hour ago, delfino said:

The value theory is bullshit. Value is when you deal once for ever, for example when you buy a car, a house in auction, or similar. Where is the value on betting? You win and after you lose. You win a 'value' bet and after you lose because you are addicted idiot. Never tell me about your bullshit value theories. Thanks

Would you bet £1000 on the flip of a coin,  and if you get it wrong you lose £1000, if you get it correct you win £15?