** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - June 5 - June 18

WTA Markarska - Parry to beat Marcinko - 1.57 with Pinnacle

Parry has been in decent enough form recently, getting a win against Kalinina in Roland Garros before losing to Andreeva. She's played a few doubles matches and been looking quite sharp apparently. Marcinko is a decent youngster but hasn't progressed how she would have liked in the last6/12 months. She's trying to play more aggressively but she's then making errors. She's also having trouble against half decent servers, of which Parry is. Marcinko is low on confidence at the moment and won't want to face Parry first match here when she needs to start getting some ranking points.  

WTA Markarska - Paolini to beat Zavatska - 1.64 with Betfair

Paolini is in good form, losing to the very in form Danilovic at the French Open, winning the title in Florence before that and losing to Rybakina in Rome where she kept it close for the first set to get to a tie break. Zavatska has reached a couple of finals recently but they've been down at the 25K and 60K level. She's 2-14 against the current top #100 in the last 15 months with her wins coming against Brengle and Rogers who can lose to anyone on an average day for them. 

Most picks going forward won't have write ups as I will now be using mostly a stats based algorithm that I have been researching. I will make opinion picks still but most will be algorithm based. 8/8 all winners. Only 1 underdog, 3.25 Svrcina. Screenshot attached of profit as everyone hates after timers but I didn't have time to post them yesterday. All £10 bets. 

Then onto todays picks. 

I will keep sharing them if they're of interest to people. 

profit.png

picks.png

Just over 2pts profit today. Total since start of May posting them on here now 18.52 points with 1 point stakes that gives an ROI of 23.7%.

Sherif left it late, thought she would lose watching the scoreboard of that one towards the end. 

Just doing tomorrows matches and have one starting soon this evening. 

ATP - Palmas del Mar - Tomic to beat Young 1.38

profit.png

Edited by Smiles Tennis

Sonay Kartal to beat Magdalena Frech at 1.80 with William Hill

Sonay Kartal has been rather active on grass already, having qualified for the main draw here after narrowly losing against Boulter last week. Frech, meanwhile, is yet to play a match on the surface, and she hasn't done particularly well recently either. After beating Kenin, Kartal doesn't have much to fear here, and the home conditions could easily lead her to a win.

Venus Williams to beat Celine Naef at 3.05 with Unibet

This is obviously a speculative bet, but I'm willing to take it at these odds. Naef seems to be yet to play a match against such a big name, and she's been spending most of her time on clay, so, if Venus Williams turns up, there's a decent chance of an upset I feel, despite all the obvious negatives going against Venus. She's been practicing on grass for at least a couple of days now according to her Instagram, so it's not one of those I-don't-really-care returns by all accounts.

Just under 4 points profit today with Tomic just starting now but I will be off to bed before it finishes so doing the update now. Of the Perugia matches, Maestrelli is leading by a set and will continue tomorrow with the other two put back until tomorrow as well. Two Nottingham picks are ready but the markets aren't developed enough for the other tournaments so I will do those in the morning again. 

Current stats are, to 1pt stakes.

Staked: 108pts

Profit: 26.69 pts

ROI: 24.7%

results.png

Rather unlucky there with Venus 😒

Fernando Verdasco to beat Jakub Mensik at 4.50 with William Hill

I'll go with another juicy price for a veteran tomorrow, as 4.50 is just too much given how unproven Mensik still is. He's a decent prospect, no doubt, but Verdasco already has a win under his belt here, and 4.50 looks a touch big to me, I'd be about 3.00.

Some picks. I will check the US matches at lunch and post any selections. Tomic won last night at 2.39 but finished before midnight so won't count towards today's potential profit, meaning 5.37 points profit for yesterday from 1 pt stakes. 

Edit: I believe the Kolar match has been put back a day.

picks.png

Edited by Smiles Tennis

Two more picks and that's it for today. So far it's been two losses, Piron and Tiffon but Golubic 3.21, Fatic 3.06 and Maestrelli 1.93 have all won so we're up so far. Had a bit of a nightmare where I input a profit wrong and realised I had made I think two or three mistakes. Once I had put in the actual value I won on my bet, instead of what matches the stake (1 pt) on the spreadsheet. Then two others I had put the profit as the full odds, 2.21 profit for a 2.21 odds bet for example, instead of it just being 1.21. 

Then to make it harder for myself to match it up I have two spreadsheets, one basic and one a bit more detailed with Pinnacle closing lines etc on, and the % value if any, that was achieved at the odds. Well on the basic one I moved the matches that were put back a day to the bottom of the spreadsheet but didn't do it on the more detailed one so when I copied and pasted the two profit columns so I could see where I have gone wrong they didn't bloody match! Anyway, morale of the story is keep things consistent and double check things!

Now, the current profit total, including matches that have finished today, Golubic etc, is:

Staked: 114

Profit: 26.45

ROI: 23.3%

This afternoons picks: 

picks.png

24 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Cornet looked really good against Sakkari, she's the fav pick for me today, albeit at short odds - hoping that she won't revert to old days!

I would expect Sakkari's flat hitting to cause massive problems for Cornet, did Cornet win or did Maria lose? I haven't seen any highlights. 

29 minutes ago, Smiles Tennis said:

I would expect Sakkari's flat hitting to cause massive problems for Cornet, did Cornet win or did Maria lose? I haven't seen any highlights. 

I saw some highlights of the match, and I think it was a bit of both.. Sakkari is clearly not in form on grass, but what I saw of Cornet looked pretty solid.. I was considering to back USA player because she seems overlooked, and I don't even know who she is.  She's also playing really well, but I am afraid to go against Cornet.. It should be a clear dog or pass situation. I would never consider backing Cornet at that price, and I thought both women looked equally strong with maybe a slight edge to Cornet.. But, it's hard to tell from the highlights. 

Heather Watson, to win at odds +126
I love this bet because I think that Heather is going to track down every ball. She seems motivated and moving well and she’s also striking the ball. Well as for Golubic. she’s playing with tape on her leg and looks out of shape and forcing shots on the grass but I think that Heather will outlast her with consistency probably

9 hours ago, Smiles Tennis said:

Sakkari was useless. Even had a chance at 5-4 down 2nd set. 0-30 she then played 2 atrocious points. Missed a mid-court forehand long (by a meter) at 15-30 which should have given her 2 break points.