DAILY LUCKY 15

20 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

With respect and i have to be careful when communicating with you because you seem to be a very sensitive sort and get a bit titsy whenever i challenge your thinking. However in all the time i have been on here you have never won anything apart from a few KO cup competitions and lose money year on year. A few members have given you good advice over the years but you just ignore them or come up with a reason to just carry on regardless. Most bettors are quite prepared to lose pounds to achieve a goal but you are terrified of losing pennies which is very strange because that is what you constantly do, lose pennies that turn into pounds. I have said before you need to throw out everything you are doing and find a different approach/angle because if you keep banging your head against this brick wall you will be spending more money on paracetamol than the horses. In your defence i will say at least you involve yourself in most aspects of the site which is good but that does open you up for responses from other members as does anything i or anyone else might put up.

Yes, I do need to find criteria for my bets that will make them profitable in the long run. But the fun for me is seeking it out.  Fun is the operative word. My intention has always been to have a number of bets each day that I can watch and enjoy without losing my shirt. I have never sought to be a professional gambler on the Forum.  I am quite happy to break even over a year.  I got my losses down last year.  I will continue to say, have 3 Lucky 15's on some race days as this gives me pleasure and all or just 7.50 points.  This is  without bringing in singles bets which I do have to get my stakes back.  This is usually the worst aspect of my betting.  Don't people, other than me just bet for fun? . If you or anybody else can come up with a profitable formula for making money on horse racing and like to share it with me I will willingly apply it to cover my fun bets.

As to the KO Cup, I believe that I have won it more than anyone else since 2016 and I'm proud of it.

I do bet in small amounts because I don't have confidence in my selections to bet more on them.  However, I find the challenge in trying to find the right formula for profitable betting one of the things that maintain my interest.

If it offends you that I put up losing bets for fun when everyone else is trying to become a pro, let me know and I will stop posting.

11 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Legitimate enough as a starting point. Personally (as an occasional L15 bettor) I only do it when the return for all 4 placing is big enough to make me wince a bit if I miss out on it. The question about whether it is a worthwhile approach or, perhaps, falls into @Zilzalian’s “fear of losing” category is easily solved. Is the place aspect of the bet profitable in the long run? Hopefully you record your bets in such a way that it can be easily checked, given that you’d have a decent sample size of these bets by now.

Hi Harry,

The place aspect on the accumulator only costs me 50p. I used to do 25p each way but Betfred increased the stake to 50p.  Even though the returns are rubbish, it is still fun to check to see if all my horses got placed. Contrast this with an each-way lucky 15. the place element would cost £1.50 so I tend not to do this as I'm not a complete mug believe it or not. 

9 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

To be fair I think @The Equaliserdoes very well with his naps (better than you and I !) and he would probably be better sticking all his money on this selection (quality rather than quantity) if he wants to maximise his profit (which might not be his actual objective).

Hi Michael,

I will focus on trying to find a good nap bet in future and at least try to be profitable that way.  However, I do like my fun bets and am a Lucky 15 convert, of course, influenced by @Zilzalian who got me away from Trixie bets

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Yes, I do need to find criteria for my bets that will make them profitable in the long run. But the fun for me is seeking it out.  Fun is the operative word. My intention has always been to have a number of bets each day that I can watch and enjoy without losing my shirt. I have never sought to be a professional gambler on the Forum.  I am quite happy to break even over a year.  I got my losses down last year.  I will continue to say, have 3 Lucky 15's on some race days as this gives me pleasure and all or just 7.50 points.  This is  without bringing in singles bets which I do have to get my stakes back.  This is usually the worst aspect of my betting.  Don't people, other than me just bet for fun? . If you or anybody else can come up with a profitable formula for making money on horse racing and like to share it with me I will willingly apply it to cover my fun bets.

As to the KO Cup, I believe that I have won it more than anyone else since 2016 and I'm proud of it.

I do bet in small amounts because I don't have confidence in my selections to bet more on them.  However, I find the challenge in trying to find the right formula for profitable betting one of the things that maintain my interest.

If it offends you that I put up losing bets for fun when everyone else is trying to become a pro, let me know and I will stop posting.

Nothing anyone does on here or says to me on here would offend me because i already know i'm a twat, most people just bet for fun and most people lose overall so you are no different, and small amounts is sensible but you keep either missing the point or choose to miss the point, My previous advice to you was around lucky 15s which you eventually shifted too which was only half of my point the other half was that if you are going to lose money and are comfortable with what you lose then why be so timid? i will try one last time, here is my advice- do the lucky 15's sack the pathetic ew at those skinny prices they really are worthless. Now here is the main point Lucky 15's are loved by the bookies because people tend to put 4 short prices or favs on them, so drop the favs and 2nd favs and choose upwards of 4/1, 4/1 being your shortest price then pick 3 at decent prices, i have said elsewhere all the prices ideally should add up to around 40, in your case lets say 30 and remember, yes you want all 4 to win but that is quite rare so you are looking for a treble eg lets just say W8/1 W8/1 W8/1 winners  which equates to 1000/1 so even to 10p that's a hundred quid (2 winners at 8/1 gets you a tenner). The point being if you are going to consistently lose (like most of us do) then when you do get lucky (like most of us do)  then at least the returns are worth the loses or if we never win then there is no difference, the loss of stake like you said is the cost of the enjoyment of having a bet. Staking plan? You say you stake 7.5 points, so do 2x20p lucky 15's =£6 (or half that if you are being prudent) then as Clarkey has suggested bet your nap with the extra £1.50 thats 8 horses per day to amuse you and keep you interested. One other thing- avoid betting two horses in the same race which is another really bad habit of yours.

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I'm not a complete mug believe it or not. 

I never suggested you were even a partial one to be fair.

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I think hardly anyone is trying to become a pro to be honest. But there’s an underlying assumption that by posting on a public forum that you think others may take an interest and that may lead to them making observations about your bets.

I’m inclined to agree with the one that suggests the e/w acca is an overly defensive bet and the stake could be put to better use. Alongside a £3 L15 it uses 25% of your stake. Half is wasted on the win acca that is effectively covered by the L15 and half goes on the “just in case” place acca. Sometimes they’re not worth the bother because the return would be so small (which is what prompted the initial comments). That suggests at least not doing them every time but only where the return would be significant. But, if the bet is losing money in the long term, just bin it off and either put it on your nap or up your L15 stakes.

Theres nothing wrong with betting small stakes for fun and accepting that you’ll probably make a small loss which is the cost of your entertainment. That’s what most punters do. The suggestion is that you bet so as to win more when you’re luck’s in rather than lose less when it isn’t. Accept the risk of, once in a blue moon, all 4 placing but you get nothing back. View it as a “reverse bet” and share the hard luck story on here. You can tell me and Zil what berks we were for talking you out of it. But don’t expect us to be too contrite if it means you missed out on a fiver back after a run of 20 straight losses!

16 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Nothing anyone does on here or says to me on here would offend me because i already know i'm a twat, most people just bet for fun and most people lose overall so you are no different, and small amounts is sensible but you keep either missing the point or choose to miss the point, My previous advice to you was around lucky 15s which you eventually shifted too which was only half of my point the other half was that if you are going to lose money and are comfortable with what you lose then why be so timid? i will try one last time, here is my advice- do the lucky 15's sack the pathetic ew at those skinny prices they really are worthless. Now here is the main point Lucky 15's are loved by the bookies because people tend to put 4 short prices or favs on them, so drop the favs and 2nd favs and choose upwards of 4/1, 4/1 being your shortest price then pick 3 at decent prices, i have said elsewhere all the prices ideally should add up to around 40, in your case lets say 30 and remember, yes you want all 4 to win but that is quite rare so you are looking for a treble eg lets just say W8/1 W8/1 W8/1 winners  which equates to 1000/1 so even to 10p that's a hundred quid (2 winners at 8/1 gets you a tenner). The point being if you are going to consistently lose (like most of us do) then when you do get lucky (like most of us do)  then at least the returns are worth the loses or if we never win then there is no difference, the loss of stake like you said is the cost of the enjoyment of having a bet. Staking plan? You say you stake 7.5 points, so do 2x20p lucky 15's =£6 (or half that if you are being prudent) then as Clarkey has suggested bet your nap with the extra £1.50 thats 8 horses per day to amuse you and keep you interested. One other thing- avoid betting two horses in the same race which is another really bad habit of yours.

Many thanks, I will heed your advice. 

1 hour ago, tonythepaint said:

I see you've gone for a 33 percent increase in bets today Lee. 

Best of luck.💰💰

Having a go tony should have  had a couple of cash outs 2 days ago would have been well up 🥲

Not done one of these for a while so here goes nothing -

Doncaster          2.25    Dirtyoldtown            10/1ew    5pl
Doncaster          3.35    Vetiver                         9/1ew    6pl
Newbury            3.15    Drumlee Spud          14/1ew    5pl
Newbury            3.50    Gwennie May Jem    17/2ew    4pl
Returns £2,244.40 W Hill

Lucky15Ref: 341477471

4 Selections

4. What A Johnny - 15/2Winner - 14:00 Bangor-on-Dee

5. Party Vibes - 5/1Winner - 15:15 Newbury

1. Regent's Stroll - 11/4Winner - 15:50 Newbury

6. Fantomas - 5/2Winner - 16:15 Bangor-on-Dee