At the races Market Movers (net)

sparksy1

I don't know why it appears that way. What I can say is that bookmakers highlighting market movers doesn't sound right. WHY would they tell everyone to back the live contender ?

I keep an eye on the markets, but there are many 'false moves' (where do they come from?). The other day, a 40/1 chance in the betting forecast was 'backed' into 9/2 2nd fav (16% move which is massive). On closer inspection, the horse was running from 34lbs out of the handicap.. 34lbs ! It had zero chance. It then gradually drifted back out to around the forecast price... and then pulled up.

For quite some time I have thought that the bookmakers are manipulating the market, fully aware that many are looking for the market moves. My study has shown that as many drifters as market movers win, the key is spotting the real live ones.. and then analysing the race to see if some sudden improvement 'could' happen to justify the move.

I also wonder if maybe when the races are priced up the bookies always shorten initial prices on favourites knowing that a lot of punters will gravitate towards 'the favourite' just because it's the favourite

then as the day goes by people began to note that the favourite is pretty poor value so the other horses near the head of the market shorten as punters start to back them against the favourite