** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Championship Predictions > Oct 4th & 5th

Cardiff vs Blackburn

The Championship action is back again for a midweek dose of pain and torture but that's just me talking as a Cardiff fan. My team host Blackburn in an 8pm BST kick-off on Tuesday night at the Cardiff City Stadium. Fortunately, I'm at a wedding later so I won't be able to attend. Unfortunately, the wedding party are all season ticket holders so ensuring a live feed of the game is being putting on! :(

Cardiff are a team that were moving in such a positive direction under Steve Morison and even though results weren't going our way and the scoring issue was a persistent problem there was a feeling that overall things were improving. Morison has now gone and he's been replaced by fan favourite and former club captain Mark Hudson. The bad news is that Hudson is clearly not managerial material and is better-suited to coaching. It's also annoyed the fans that there was reportedly a chance to bring in Sol Bamba as a coach (he's impressed a lot of people apparently) but the board have opted for the cheaper option of Joe Ledley. Dark times. The team are down in 18th place and just 2 points above the relegation zone. We were very lucky to scab a 1-1 draw at home to Burnley on the weekend and it's now just 1 win from the last 8 league games. Enthusiasm amongst the fans is already waning.

Blackburn have been the epitome of inconsistency so far this season. I had doubts about the appointment of Jon Dahl Tomasson as their new gaffer and after their pre-season and first three league games of the season I thought I'd got it horribly wrong. Rovers have since been unable to string a run of positive results together with 5 losses from their last 8 league games. The team have also lost 3 of their previous 4 league matches on the road and have only scored 1 goal in that run as well. Even when they are winning they are struggling to win matches convincingly with 4 of their last 5 victories coming by a single goal. They do still have prolific scorer Ben Brereton Diaz in their squad though after fending off all suitors on transfer deadline day so with him they always have a chance.

I'm going to have to say that I can see Blackburn winning this one by a single goal. Cardiff just look even more cautious and negative now than we did under Morison. I really don't think Hudson is the man for the main job, as much as I like him, and I can see us just wasting opportunities to get points on the board whilst he's in caretaker charge. We should be going out to lure Rob Edwards or Chris Wilder but our board won't fork out the money for them. Blackburn to win here, hardly any action or goals. Another backwards step. Isn't football great! :lol

Blackburn Draw No Bet @ 2.30 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with VBet

Single on Luton to beat Huddersfield 7/9 (SBK). Luton are pretty reliable at home and Huddersfield have been poor all season, Surprised if this isn't a home win.

Small bet on Reading (3/1 SBK) again as they continue to be underrated and I think Norwich are flattered by their points total at the moment, I don't think Dean Smith is getting the most out of them at all.

Burnley vs Stoke City

2022-10-05T20:45+02:00

Burnley

Doubtful: Scott Twine (1/0 m), Kevin Long (0/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Darko Churlinov (3/0 m), Ashley Westwood (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Stoke City

Doubtful: Jordan Thompson (8/0 m), Jacob Brown (9/2 f), Josh Tymon (4/0 d), Nick Powell (3/0 m), Liam McCarron (0/0 m), Sam Clucas (8/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Gavin Kilkenny (3/0 m), Harry Souttar (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Burnley
5 home games
Stoke City
6 away games
100% Over 1.5 goals 67%
40% Over 2.5 goals 50%
20% Over 3.5 goals 17%
20% Over 4.5 goals 0%
20% Over 5.5 goals 0%
0% Under 1.5 goals 33%
60% Under 2.5 goals 50%
80% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 83%
60% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 33%
20% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 0%

Over [email protected]

Wigan Athletic [email protected]

Hull are in a poor state, suffering a five-match losing streak. The last victory they got was in last August. They play poorly on offence, with no scoring goal during that time. Vaughn Covil, Benjamin Tetteh, Brandon Flaming, and Billy Chadwick are on the bench due to injuries.

Instead, Wigan have got 4W-3D-3L in recent two months. They return to the winning way again by a 0-2 away win over Rotherham in the most recent game. And they got a winning streak recently when the AH odds is +0.25.

16 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Luton decided it was a good night to concede 3 soft goals ?

Bloody Championship mate! I swear we're going to reach a stage soon (and Preston have trialled it already!) where every game ends 0-0 because there is so little separating the teams at this level. I'm delighted Cardiff got the win last night but even though we deserved the win we still led a charmed life whilst almost being punished for our continued lack of clinical edge in the final third.

Dust myself down and go again!

Watford made a great start under Bilic, thrashing Stoke 4-0 and hopefully they'll back that up here. Swansea have been in good form but I think they are a little light weight and might get bullied. I'm a big fan of Kienan Davis after his loan spell with us and he is a difference maker at this level.

Watford 0.88/1 (SBK).