Racing chat -Sunday 21st Aug

Interesting runner in the group one 'Jean Romanet' at Deauville (2.50)

Verry Elleegant is a 7 year old Australian mare having her first run in Europe ....... she's won 7 grade one races in Australia from 7 furlongs to 2 miles

Not quite up there with Winx and Black Caviar as she does lose more than she wins ,..... but if she settles in to her new surroundings there's plenty of group one races at the back end of the season to aim her at

Small interest bets on a boring Sunday

4.12  SD- I think the 2 Jim Goldie horses have top chances in this  ill go  win on each and a  RFC   PRIMOS COMET  15/2 bog &  BE PROUD 10/1 bog.

5.12 SD  Two small e/w  bet and a RFC  TOMMY  G 16/1 &  ANYTHINGTODAY   12/1 bog 5 places on both

Edited by Tedthewolf

I'm having a full day of sports watching today so am bringing my RPR/RTF system back out for extra content !

Starting off with Brighton ...... small fields, 

Top rated only ...... handicaps

1.45 Fair and Square *
2.45 Michaels Choice
3.20 Field of Honour
3.50 Due a Rum
4.20 Gin and Tea
4.50 Mint Julep

* I'd be surprised if Fair and Square wins as it's a very rare horse that doesn't seem to stay 5 furlongs ..... as such it's winning opportunities are pretty non existent unless it develops more stamina as it gets older

...... and Sandown

Some decent sized fields, might be worth EW if the price is right !

3.42 Miss Attitude
4.12 Glamorous Breeze
5.12 Age of Sail
5.42 Prism
6.12 Don't Tell Claire
6.42 Ace Rothstein

all the above races are live on ITV4 

(off topic ..... but ITV have signed a deal to show 10 live La Liga games this season, starting with Sociedad v Barcelona on ITV4 at 9pm tonight!)

Have some of my own bets in here as well

2.45 Bri Batchelor Boy 1 pt win at 4.5, Michaels Choice 0.60 win at 7/1, @Gary66goes for Smeatons Light nao 11/2, and @kenslandgoes for Helvetique 6/1 Nap

3.42 San Safari Dream (up 8 lbs) 1 pt win at 4.2 and Once More For luck 1 pt 3TBP ew at 9.4.  Miss Attitude is @TheBrigadierselction at 3/1 up 10lbs

4.12 San Devils Agent 0.60 ew at 15/2 @richard-westwoodtop rated as Lord Riddiford a non runner. Primos Comet 0.60 ew at 15/2 Has @Tedthewolf's blessing.

4.42 San Dasho Lennie 0.60 ew at 13/2.  Charlie Appleby has a strong hand here.  Don't know why Buick is on the 2nd favourite.

5.12 San Glen savage 0.60 ew at 15/2 John Gosden's horse; Tommy G 0.30 ew at 14/1 @Tedthewolf, Anythingtoday 0.30 ew at 14/1 @Peter Yorknap and @Tedthewolf and Schmilsson 0.60 ew at 15/2 @TheBrigadierselction

5.42 San Follow That Star 1 pt win at 4.6 @Johnrobertson's Nap at 13/2 but Precisely a non-runner.  After The Rain 0.30 win at 7/2 cover bet

6.12 San Mercurian Power 0.60 ew at 10/1 Will Buick rides, Ikhtraaq 0.60 win at 9/4 cover bet @TheBrigadierNap 10/3

6.42 San Nightmare of a race.  Aggagio 0.60 ew at 9/1 @Ferki's Nap, Dancing Harry 0.30 ew at 18/1 @Zilzalianwin nap.  EL Picador 0.60 ew at 8/1 (market mover) Evaluation 1 pt win at 4.1 cover bet

Total stakes = 17.9 points

I was going to do a multiple but I have ran out of time

Good luck to all having a go today

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS UPDATE

Even when I got a winner the stewards decided to change the result.  Safari Dream won but got demoted to second.  Some shocking results from Sandown's Sunday series meeting.  Very small stakes for me from now on for these bookie promotional races.  Just 3 placed winning bets.  Three Insurance bets lost! A loss of 12.69 on the day.  This makes my MTD -51.63 & YTD -253.81

Awful low class racing tomorrow.  Stratford has some class 4 and above races but I can only find one race where the favourite is at least 5/2.  All the rest are short prices.  It will be tough for me to find anything tomorrow.  Maybe that' s not a bad thing

Glad some PL members scored today; always welcome.

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

...... and Sandown

Some decent sized fields, might be worth EW if the price is right !

3.42 Miss Attitude
4.12 Glamorous Breeze
5.12 Age of Sail
5.42 Prism
6.12 Don't Tell Claire
6.42 Ace Rothstein

all the above races are live on ITV4 

(off topic ..... but ITV have signed a deal to show 10 live La Liga games this season, starting with Sociedad v Barcelona on ITV4 at 9pm tonight!)

After Bristol City v Cardiff 12.30 

Leeds v Chelsea 2.00 

Newcastle v Man City 4.30 

Braga v Maritimo 6.00 ( freesports )

Will you have the ? eye ?️ strength for Sociedad v Barca ? 

What Sundays are for , not getting dressed binging on Football & junk food ?

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

I'm having a full day of sports watching today so am bringing my RPR/RTF system back out for extra content !

Starting off with Brighton ...... small fields, 

Top rated only ...... handicaps

1.45 Fair and Square *

* I'd be surprised if Fair and Square wins as it's a very rare horse that doesn't seem to stay 5 furlongs ..... as such it's winning opportunities are pretty non existent unless it develops more stamina as it gets older

Not sure what the punters were looking at but this horse went off as favourite ....... and given that the minimum trip at Brighton is actually five and a half furlongs there seemed no chance he would get home. And he duly finished last.

The second favourite who won was a good thing !

Half interesting observations, The Group 1 1:33 at Deauville had no French horses in it, also Blackbeard improved past Persian Force on previous running, There was lots of "noise" about Persian Punch early season. The Riddler was last of 5 btn 6 1/2l Supports my thinking, just before and after york, that The Fahey Horses are not quite right at the moment.

1 minute ago, Zilzalian said:

Half interesting observations, The Group 1 1:33 at Deauville had no French horses in it, also Blackbeard improved past Persian Force on previous running, There was lots of "noise" about Persian Punch early season. The Riddler was last of 5 btn 6 1/2l Supports my thinking, just before and after york, that The Fahey Horses are not quite right at the moment.

not a very good sign for French racing

I believe that's the first group one for 2yo horses in the European season and it's been won by some great horses in the past 

Just now, Trotter said:

not a very good sign for French racing

I believe that's the first group one for 2yo horses in the European season and it's been won by some great horses in the past 

I'm actually quite stunned there are some great trainers in france many supported by Godolfin Fabre being the best example and they couldn't put up 1 horse? Very odd.

1 hour ago, calva decoy said:

After Bristol City v Cardiff 12.30 

Leeds v Chelsea 2.00 

Newcastle v Man City 4.30 

Braga v Maritimo 6.00 ( freesports )

Will you have the ? eye ?️ strength for Sociedad v Barca ? 

What Sundays are for , not getting dressed binging on Football & junk food ?

I'm concentrating on the cycling and racing during the afternoon and just keeping my eyes on the scores ....... I'll turn my attention to the footy at tea-time then through the evening

I usually bet on games most days ...... in fact far more than I bet on horses

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I'm concentrating on the cycling and racing during the afternoon and just keeping my eyes on the scores ....... I'll turn my attention to the footy at tea-time then through the evening

I usually bet on games most days ...... in fact far more than I bet on horses

I used to love betting on the Footie but the bookies have cut cut cut out any chance of making any money out of it now especially multiples in my opinion so it was the first thing i dropped when streamlining my betting. Again my opinion. They cut out the value when they realised lots of youngsters started having sporting bets not realising the the odds were far more realistic 20 years ago and were just happy when they got the odd 50 quid for a 5 team acca up which they could then posted to all their mates on FB/social media, (free advertising).

Edited by Zilzalian

24 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Have you given up on Forecasts and tricasts?

I do enjoy aiming for big prizes but they are very rare fc and tricasts and eat into your profits constantly.....I was going to do ew doubles on 2 weekend races instead as my results suggest that woukd pay out far more often and some nice wins too ? 

13 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

I do enjoy aiming for big prizes but they are very rare fc and tricasts and eat into your profits constantly.....I was going to do ew doubles on 2 weekend races instead as my results suggest that woukd pay out far more often and some nice wins too ? 

Suggestion take your top 3. A & B & C do ABC & BAC to 25p  or 20p if your doing more than 1 race,  but only where you have 8/1 or better for all three just in case. okay you will be annoyed now and again but better than scrapping them altogether.

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

Suggestion take your top 3. A & B & C do ABC & BAC to 25p  or 20p if your doing more than 1 race,  but only where you have 8/1 or better for all three just in case. okay you will be annoyed now and again but better than scrapping them altogether.

Leave well alone ! No value in my opinon (although I'm happy to be proved wrong).

Just now, MCLARKE said:

Leave well alone ! No value in my opinon (although I'm happy to be proved wrong).

Talking pennies here mike i would never recommend pounds 4 races a day 2 quid wont kill anyone even assuming you never get one up. but i will take up the challenge in september. I will even add in Richards if he wants me to.