** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Championship Predictions > Aug 16th & 17th

champratings.jpg

The Championship gives us a round of midweek games over the next few days. Here are the odds and ratings for those matches. Take a look and let us know your thoughts. I'll get a preview up for the Cardiff game. Maybe I should have more faith in my own team! :lol Are Blackburn the team to beat as the only team in the division with a 100% record after 3 league games? Can the slow starters of Middlesbrough, West Brom, and Norwich start getting points on the board after being backed to do well in pre-season? Any other teams you feel could be ones to watch this week?

Burnley vs Hull City

2022-08-16T20:45+02:00

Burnley

Doubtful: Scott Twine (1/0 m), Kevin Long (0/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Johann Berg Gudmundsson (0/0 m), Ashley Westwood (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Hull City

Doubtful: Jean Michael Seri (2/1 m), Ryan Longman (0/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Greg Docherty (1/0 m), Tyler Smith (1/0 f), Brandon Fleming (0/0 d), Doğukan Sinik (0/0 m), James Scott (0/0 f)

Suspended:

Preston NE vs Rotherham

2022-08-16T20:45+02:00

Preston NE

Doubtful: Álvaro Fernández (2/0 d, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Bambo Diaby (0/0 d), Sean Maguire (0/0 f)

Rotherham

Doubtful: Tom Eaves (0/0 f, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Peter Kioso (1/0 d), Hakeem Odoffin (0/0 m), Josh Kayode (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

The ELO ratings are favouring some home results tonight but I'm with @nenri981 regarding the Watford game. I wasn't impressed with Birmingham at all on Saturday. Granted, that could've been the way we played but Watford will adopt a similar approach and I think they'll be deeply disappointed if they can't take all 3 points here.

West Brom vs Cardiff

Well, Tuesday night delivered a bonanza of surprise results and incidents. The highlights being Birmingham's hard-working 1-1 draw with Watford and Swansea conceding two goals in the 93rd and 95th minute to surrender a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Millwall. Will Wednesday night provide the same level of drama? I'm taking a look at the West Brom versus Cardiff game that kicks off at 8pm from the Hawthorns.

West Brom have endured a tough start to the season with Steve Bruce's men currently down in 22nd position in the Championship after picking up just 2 points from their opening 3 league games. You'd think that the critics would be on Bruce's back already but when you look at the teams they have played it's probably fair to say that 2 points isn't a disaster albeit slightly disappointing. A 1-1 draw away to Middlesbrough on the opening weekend could prove to be a positive result come the end of the season. That was followed up by a 1-1 draw at home to Watford which was a performance that arguably deserved more. However, the 2-1 loss away to Blackburn will feel like a missed opportunity but then the Lancashire side have started very well so it's probably not a terrible result. This remains a Baggies team with a lot of talent in the ranks including John Swift, Jed Wallace, Karlan Grant, and Callum Robinson. It's almost a Championship allstars team on paper but is that enough?

Cardiff were back to winning ways on the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see us beat Birmingham 1-0 in the searing midday heat last Saturday but, if we're being honest, we probably should have stuck 3 or 4 on them. It was great to see a performance more like the opening day 1-0 win over Norwich rather than the 2-1 loss we suffered away to Reading inbetween those two games. The big blow for this game is the absence of Cedric Kipre. The ball playing centre back has been a key addition to our back-line and his partnership with Perry Ng in both 1-0 wins has been vital. He is ineligible to play his parent club here and it could seriously hamper us with his replacement likely to be either Mark McGuinness or Oliver Denham. McGuinness is severely lacking match fitness and Denham is lacking Championship experience. There's also the striker issue up front. Max Watters continues to divide opinion amongst the fans but one thing that can't be denied is that he started having more chances against Birmingham so he's adapting but he still failed to take those chances. I assume Steve Morison will stick with him for this game but it could be a tough evening for the former Crawley front man.

This fixture is often an exciting one with both teams scoring in 4 of the last 5 meetings. Cardiff have also been the first team to score in 4 of the last 5 encounters but the Bluebirds have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 5 games with West Brom. It's not very surprising to read that Cardiff are without a win in their last 4 visits to the Hawthorns and I wouldn't be stunned to see that winless run extend. If Kipre was playing then the odds we are to win would be tempting but I think West Brom are short-priced for very good reason so I have to sadly back the home team to win. We will definitely concede... probably more than 1 goal too... and I'm not sure we're clinical enough in the final third yet to give me enough faith that we'll even score let alone score more than one goal.

West Brom to Win & BTTS @ 3.80 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.06 with SBK

Did Norwich, Watford, WBA treble, but Watford were pretty disappointing, barely had a shot after they equalised. Jaoa Pedro put in a 1/10 performance but somehow the manager missed it and kept him on for the entire game!

Reloading with Blackburn and WBA double around 2.75/1.

Reading seem to be in a bit of a mess and are struggling for numbers, losing 4-0 to Rotherham is a bad sign! While Blackburn have started strongly and are scoring goals.

WBA have impressed me despite not picking up many points, and are probably my tip for the league at this stage, Wallace a huge signing for them and creates so much. Think Grant is out injured but they should still have enough here.