** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

racing chat- monday 15th aug/

I'm not sure if I need to point this out to members but for clarity, I will.    I am in search of a winning strategy.  I feel that I cannot paper trade my selections as I put quite a bit of work into finding them.  I only bet small sums of money £1 representing 1 point.  .  It doesn't matter too much to me if it fails because the fun for me is trying to reach my goal.  I purposely post up my MTD & YTD figures (usually daily) to illustrate the outcome of my bets.

I have said many times on here that I believe the real use of anyone's selections is to flag up a horse that may fit the criteria of the person viewing it.  I will never tell anyone to put money on one of my selections.  I would only advise that if it triggers a thought that it may fit into someone's criteria then it may pay to investigate it further.

That said I will now offer my views on today's races.

6.10 Bang Bobs Bar 5/1

6.40 Ban W'Bee 7/2

6.50 Win The Princes Poet 9/2 (PLTR 6/1ew)

7.10 Bang Aviewtosea 5/1

6 x 0.25 win dbles, 4 x 0.25 win trbles and 1 x 0.25 win 4 fold = 2.75 staked with a poss return of 276.36

Singles Bets:

5.50 Win Dark Jade 0.6 win at 11/2 and Magical Secret 0.60 win at 8/1

6.50 Win The Princes Poet 0.60 win at 6/1,  @black rabbitgoes for Lipsink 

7.20 Win Mercian Hymn 0.60 win at 8/1 Elena's Gift is in the PLACCA and is the nap of @Xtc12and @kensland so looks like a solid bet.  It is up 6lbs and has an extra furlong this time and has drifted in the market.  That may well change close to post time

6.10 Bang Bobs Bar 1 pt win at 6.6 and Wasdell Dundalk 0.60 win at 9/1.  This ran a shocker last time but I like to give horse's a second chance

6.40 Bang W'Bee 1 pt win at 4.8

7.10 Bang Aviewtosea 1 pt win at 3/1 and Shetland Bus 0.30 win at 10/1 No good in chases so far but the Doc doesn't enter no-hopers in races

7.40 Bang Rafiki 0.60 win at 9/1.  This horse has been napped by Spotlight, tipped up by Timeform and was as short at 9/4 last night.  It is as if the wheels have come off today.  I can't see any other horse worth backing so I will just keep to this one.

Total stakes = 9.65 today.

Good luck to all chancing their arm today

RESULTS UPDATE

In some ways very annoying to work through a race card and then find out that all I had to do was follow the champion jockey at Bangor.  Just two winners today and not in the multiple.  Also a bit annoying that Magical Secret drifted to 14/1 when I took 8/1.  I didn't back Lipsink because of the poor trainer's record currently and on the track.  Hats off to @black rabbitwho did do it .  Luckily I only lost 0.25 on the day and my PL Nap bet won for me.  My MTD is now -35.83 and YTD - 238.01

I stayed up watching an old Harrison Ford film Patriot Games so haven't looked at tomorrow's or should I say today's offerings yet

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE