** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

IPL - Indian Premier League 2022

Fader

Hi All,

12 matches in IPL already finished. Interestingly of 12 matches 6 each won by team batting first or chasing. 3 teams look poor at the moment.

Chennai (CSK), Sunrisers (SRH), Mumbai (MI). All of them look unbalanced, something just not right in the squad or team.

CSK have failed badly twice. 126 all out v Punjab in match 11  and 131 in match 1.  Their other huge problem is that even when they made runs (match 7 210/7) they still couldn't defend the score.

Mumbai do not have their batting lineup sorted. Anmolpreet Singh failed 2/2 and he is probably at the last chance saloon. They do have under 19 sensation, Dewald Brevis ready to play, having paid 3 crores for him. He won't sit on the bench long considering he cost 375K pounds.

For me at this stage the best balanced team are the Royals (RR). They have won two games, batting 1st, putting big totals on the board.  They have an excellent top order, where Yashasvi Jaiswal is the only misfiring player. They play today against RCB. I don't rate RCB. Always been unbalanced as a squad ... way too batting heavy.  Maybe they can be better when Maxwell and Hazelwood return, but I just don't fancy them to be contenders.

If the Royals win the toss today and bat second I think they win this match easily. If they bat 1st, it will be a close game, but I still do not understand why the RCB are favorites here.  

Edited by neilovan

Should be lots of runs today and based on how many big hitters we have on display, I'm happy to get involved with the overs on the "Total Sixes" market, which is set to 11.5. I'll also have a small bet on Hasaranga top bowler for his team. I rate Hasaranga massively and his tricky bowling in a match where I think there will be lots of big hitting attempts, he could have some joy.

5pts Over 11.5 sixes 4/5 paddypower
2pts Hasaranga top team wicket taker 5/2 paddypower

2 minutes ago, Fader said:

Should be lots of runs today and based on how many big hitters we have on display, I'm happy to get involved with the overs on the "Total Sixes" market, which is set to 11.5. I'll also have a small bet on Hasaranga top bowler for his team. I rate Hasaranga massively and his tricky bowling in a match where I think there will be lots of big hitting attempts, he could have some joy.

5pts Over 11.5 sixes 4/5 paddypower
2pts Hasaranga top team wicket taker 5/2 paddypower

The matches to go over on the runs, are the early ones on the weekend. Both innings are played during the day, with good visibility and no dew.

Wow, surely that has to be the dumbest thing in IPL history. 

Oden Smith bowls the 4th ball of his over, and it should be a dot. He throws at the stumps for no reason, with the opposition needing 13 off 2 deliveries.

The game is won. Just bowl 2 balls and it is irrelevant. He misses the stumps, and they run 1. Next two balls go for 6 6, and he loses his side the match. Absolutely beyond moronic. And they pay this guy money? 

Edited by neilovan

Sunrisers take on Gurat this evening and I'll be with Gurat to extend their winning start. 3 wins from 3 and scoring well throughout, thanks to Gill, who has scored 84 and 96 in his last 2 matches. Sunrisers have won 1 and lost 2 so far but they've scored 149. 157 and 155. I'm not sure that kind of batting average is going to be enough, tonight. I don't expect to see many sixes tonight. I was tempted with going on the unders for the 6s as Sunrisers average just 5.6 6s in their 3 matches and Gurat 4.6 but the stadium is a nice one for 6s with 14.5 being the average.

All in all I will take Gurat and also the boosted bet on Gill to be top batsman.  Sundar hit 40 in Sunrisers first match and missed top scoring by just 17. Williamson hasn't been firing for Sunrisers and if the top order goes quickly then 20/1 could look huge for the likes of Sundar. Equally, Pandya has hit scores of 33, 31 and 27 in Gurats 3 matches. Pandya has also taken 2 wickets as he has had 4 overs in all 3 matches. Man Of The Match potential.

6pts Gurat to beat Sunrisers 4/6 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------
2.5pts Gill top Gurat batsman 16/5 paddypower
0.5pts Sundar top Sunrisers batsman 20/1 paddypower

1pt H.Pandya Man Of The Match 12/1 paddypower