Racing Chat - Sunday January 2nd.

My Trixie today is:

12.25 Nc Good Earth 6/4 (drifting a bit but looks to be best bet of the day, apart from Good Effort 1.30 Nc but this is odds on)

3.05 Ayr Upandatit 5/2 (Destiny Is All an obvious danger)

3.40 Ayr Clan Legend 7/4 (not getting any younger and up 4lbs but seems to be running very well)

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 53.28 pts

I will come back soon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Earth failed: disappointing:

Another small Trixie:

1.10 Plum World Of Dreams 13/8 (has to beat the odds on favourite)

1.20 Ayr Rowdy Rustler 3/1

2.30 Ayr Wowsham 7/2

1 x 2 pt win Trixie = poss return of 43.77 pts

Singles:

2.20 Plum Salty Boy 1 pt win at 6/1 (many in with chances)

1.20 Ayr Fabuleaux Du Clos 1 pt win at 9/4 (Ins if Rowdy Rustler fails)

12.55 Nc Tousarok 1 pt win at 7/1 (betting on the cann Mark Johnston; looks as though he has his son in partnership now)

9 points staked in total

Let's hope that this is not going to be a tough day

============================================================

Looks like my worst fears were realised about being a tough day for favourites in the classy races , though it was good to see Wakool defy a 10lbs rise and win at 3/1 favourite where Upandatit did nothing of the sort.

I have put in a bet of 4 pts at 3.30 in the 3.40 on the old boy Clan Legend.  I know it risks a 13 points loss on the day but what the heck.  It is now matched so let's hope I at least get a run for my money. 

Edited by The Equaliser
Update

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

12.25 Nc Good Earth 6/4 (drifting a bit but looks to be best bet of the day, apart from Good Effort 1.30 Nc but this is odds on)

3.05 Ayr Upandatit 5/2 (Destiny Is All an obvious danger)

3.40 Ayr Clan Legend 7/4 (not getting any younger and up 4lbs but seems to be running very well)

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 53.28 pts

I will come back soon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Earth failed: disappointing:

Another small Trixie:

1.10 Plum World Of Dreams 13/8 (has to beat the odds on favourite)

1.20 Ayr Rowdy Rustler 3/1

2.30 Ayr Wowsham 7/2

1 x 2 pt win Trixie = poss return of 43.77 pts

Singles:

2.20 Plum Salty Boy 1 pt win at 6/1 (many in with chances)

1.20 Ayr Fabuleaux Du Clos 1 pt win at 9/4 (Ins if Rowdy Rustler fails)

12.55 Nc Tousarok 1 pt win at 7/1 (betting on the cann Mark Johnston; looks as though he has his son in partnership now)

9 points staked in total

Let's hope that this is not going to be a tough day

============================================================

Looks like my worst fears were realised about being a tough day for favourites in the classy races , though it was good to see Wakool defy a 10lbs rise and win at 3/1 favourite where Upandatit did nothing of the sort.

I have put in a bet of 4 pts at 3.30 in the 3.40 on the old boy Clan Legend.  I know it risks a 13 points loss on the day but what the heck.  It is now matched so let's hope I at least get a run for my money. 

RESULTS UPDATE

Well that taught me a lesson.  I should have held back on my bet and waited almost to the off, then I would have seen that within the last 5 minutes before the off Clan Legend flip flopped with Shesasupermack for favouritism.  This morning Shesasupermack had drifted overnight from a shortest price of 9/4 to a largest price of 10/3.  If I bet on the 3rd leg of a failed Trixie in future I will either be there and put my bet on just before the off or just leave the race alone.   A loss of 13 points means a month and year to date figure of 14.5 points.  Things can only get better, can't they?

Not much so-called quality racing tomorrow; there are a couple of class 3 races at Musselburgh and just one at Southwell.  Not many class 4 races either tomorrow.

I truly hope that others had a better day than I did

42 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Very poor for me today, but that's just the way it is sometimes.

Yes, one thing that I have learned is not to expect too much from racehorse entrants no matter how glowing their past records are.  I wasn't even too impressed with Al Boum Photo's winning effort at Tramore yesterday at odds of 1/6.  As John Francombe once said no one knows how hard it is to get a horse to a race meeting let alone get it to win.  I will keep playing the horses by trying to spot some in the market that may run up to expectations ?

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Very poor for me today, but that's just the way it is sometimes.

I had 3 bets at Plumpton today a course I usually do ok at all each way 110- Royal Lake ( 3 ) 220- I See You Well ( 5 ) & 255- Morfee ( 4 ) none were placed & of the other 4 races on the card I didn't get a sole horse placed , shocking & my 1/2 Nap Captain Biggles also didn't get placed , double shocking ! ?