German Masters 2022 (including QFs)

Fader

We're straight into qualification for the German Masters today, with 8 matches being played throughout the day. It's a "first to 5" format.

2:30pm
McGill Vs Heathcote
Miah Vs O'Neill
Surety Vs Joyce
Yuelong Vs Devlin

7:00pm
Hugill Vs Taylor
Kleckers Vs Sijun
Maguire Vs Dale
Ford Vs O'Connor

First up, I have to take Heathcote to beat McGill. McGill is having a horrible start to a season. He actually boasts 2 4-0 wins over Heathcote and both were in 2021 with the most recent being in March but in this new season McGill has played 5 and lost 5. You can rule out the 3 Championship League matches but even then he has gone out in Round 1 in the last 2 tournaments against players like Lee Walker and Jianbo. They are players well beneath the calibre of Ant McGill. Heathcote has played 10 matches this season and won 4. You wouldn't say he is playing anything special but he's beaten players that you would expect him to (including Walker 4-3, who beat McGill 4-3 last week) at some point McGills form will turn around and it could well be today, but for the odds of 2/1 I'm happy to go with a couple of points on it.

I'll also take Miah to beat Jamie O'Neill. This could end up a right silly looking bet, but Jamie O'Neill has been so poor this season and Miah looks to be a man who is improving everytime I see him. Finally in the afternoon matches, I'm going have a punt on Devlin to beat Yuelong. Yuelong looked terrible against Jimmy Robertson at the Northern Ireland Open and on his day Devlin can cause some damage. He got Allen back to 3-2 at the Northern Ireland Open after going 3-0 down and he's pushed Stevens to a deciding frame.

evening preview to come....

3pts Miah to beat J.O'Neill evens betfred
2pts Heathcote to beat McGill 2/1 bet365
1pt Devlin to beat Yuelong 5/1 betfair

In the latter games, I will take Taylor to beat Hugill first up. Taylor is quite an underrated player really and has had some decent results over the last couple of years. He's already beaten a couple of old legends of the game in Stephen Hendry and Jimmy White this season and he's also pushed Murphy to a deciding leg at the Northern Ireland Open last week. I think he beats Ash Hugill, who I think is just abit too hot and cold. Hugill started the season really well and got to the semi-finals of the Championship League. He then beat Kyren Wilson at the British Open before going out to Hamilton. Since then though, 3 lost matches and all in deciding legs and one to youngster Wu Yize.

The Ford Vs O'Connor match should be an interesting one. I can't see that being a one-sided result and I think O'Connor has a chance but Ford made the Semi-finals of this event last year and he will be playing this with a need to keep ranking points. So despite a covid positive test, I can't take him on, here.

4pts A.Taylor to beat A.Hugill 3/4 888sport

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.