** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

I self excluded from Betfair and regret it!

alexcaruso808

Last year I lost a bunch of money on Betfair and felt terrible about it, as it was coming up to Christmas. I threw my head up and asked Betfair to permanently exclude me. 

Do I regret doing this? Absolutely 100%!  

I think it's better to maybe self exclude for a year, to give yourself time to get yourself together. 

I'm just getting this off my chest, getting my thoughts and feelings out in the open to others who will appreciate how stupid it is to self exclude from Betfair (the best exchange around at the moment). 

I understand there is no hope my account will be reopened - just airing my thoughts and maybe someone will read this who is thinking of permanently self excluding and will have another think about it. 

??

Edited by alexcaruso808

• alexcaruso808 changed the title to I self excluded from Betfair and regret it!

If you were feeling that terrible it was probably a good idea to stop.

You are very unlikely to make a living out of betting, if you don't enjoy it then you should probably stop or reduce your stakes to a minimum.

Personally, if I get to the stage where I have made a loss over a year then I will reduce my stakes to the minimum.

31 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

If you were feeling that terrible it was probably a good idea to stop.

You are very unlikely to make a living out of betting, if you don't enjoy it then you should probably stop or reduce your stakes to a minimum.

Personally, if I get to the stage where I have made a loss over a year then I will reduce my stakes to the minimum.

You're right, at the time I didn't really enjoy it and was digging myself into a hole with it.  

My stakes are quite small as a rule, it's just I got stuck in a rut of chasing losses and my stakes were rising and I thought "this really needs to stop".  

Now I just bet on Bet365 and sometimes Smarkets (which is good, but has nowhere near the liquidity of Betfair).  Bet365 is decent enough.  I do enjoy betting again, it's good fun and it relaxes me.