** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Not a duplicate account

Wiltshire Shot

I need some advice please.  I have an online account with Corals who have closed my account on the grounds that it's a duplicate.  It 100% isn't and I don't know anything about a second account.  However, Corals is refusing to discuss with me saying my account must be closed and I must use the other active account.  I have no idea about the 'other' account, its username, password etc except that customer support say its pretty active and 'I' made a deposit recently.

I've tried live chat but Coral refuse to discuss with me on the grounds the decision is made and irreversible and have closed down the chat.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

On 6/13/2021 at 9:14 PM, Wiltshire Shot said:

I need some advice please.  I have an online account with Corals who have closed my account on the grounds that it's a duplicate.  It 100% isn't and I don't know anything about a second account.  However, Corals is refusing to discuss with me saying my account must be closed and I must use the other active account.  I have no idea about the 'other' account, its username, password etc except that customer support say its pretty active and 'I' made a deposit recently.

I've tried live chat but Coral refuse to discuss with me on the grounds the decision is made and irreversible and have closed down the chat.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

This sounds really weird @Wiltshire Shot and I have not heard of this before.

My only advice would be to contact the UK Gambling Commission as I believe Coral operate under a UKGC licence:

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/contact-us

It might also be wise that if and when you get back into your Coral account that you change your password as a security precaution.

Thank you @Mindfulness,  Corals now say I've self-excluded for six months which is why I can't get into my account, not because it's  a duplicate.  (I haven't self-excluded - at least not knowingly and I assume it's difficult to do by accident.)

Fortunately I've kept all emails and screnshots of my chats which confirm I'll have full access to my funds in six months which isn't ideal but better than losing my funds which was my main concern when I was told it was a duplicate.

14 hours ago, Wiltshire Shot said:

Thank you @Mindfulness,  Corals now say I've self-excluded for six months which is why I can't get into my account, not because it's  a duplicate.  (I haven't self-excluded - at least not knowingly and I assume it's difficult to do by accident.)

Fortunately I've kept all emails and screnshots of my chats which confirm I'll have full access to my funds in six months which isn't ideal but better than losing my funds which was my main concern when I was told it was a duplicate.

Bizarre situation @Wiltshire Shot but well done for keeping emails and screenshots. Let us know if there are further developments or anything else weird happens with this case.

• 2 months later...

wow..really weird situation.You have the right on your side when it comes to self-exclusion, because your account cannot be self-excluded unless you request it. Thankfully you have all the correspondence with them and you can prove that. Are you a profitable player? Are they maybe trying to find excuses to get rid of you and your winnings? Sounds like it. Try to seek legal advice on what you can do to tackle the situation, and maybe consider change your bookie with a more reliable one.