How to fight Tilt?

hello everone

on this thread i m gonna post any material i would find on the subject TILT

i believe this is the number one reason bettorrs lose money

no the commison

first things first

what is tilt? (according to wikepedia)

Tilt originated as a poker term for a state of mental or emotional confusion or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in the player becoming over-aggressive. Tilting is closely associated with another poker term, "steam".

now we clarify this lets post useful meterial on how to fight it

i hope everyone will participate on this thread with material and thoughts

cheers

Ultimately “Tilt” is just a Scott Walker album for me. I get the concept and I can relate to it when I open a packet of Cadbury chocolate fingers and struggle not to see them all off but I don’t see what the problem is with betting. Don’t place too many bets and don’t overstake them, it’s pretty much that simple.

I recognise my past tendency to sometimes have too many bets on major finals and tournaments but I pretty much learn from my mistakes and generally avoid repeating them. As the saying goes, if you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime. If you can’t enjoy betting without repeatedly straying into full on tilting you should probably think more in terms of jacking it in rather than trying to change your spots.

Yes, sounds like a spin on the mindset that fuels gambling addiction. I'm with Harry (although not Scott Walker, I'm from a rock 'n' roll then latterly Motown generation where Tilt was a pinball table term)
Skybet used to shout something akin to "It matters more when you've got a bet on". Not for me it doesn't, my advice will always be "Don't go looking for your bets, let the bets find you".