** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Apr 5th & 6th

Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough suffered 2 losses in a row wince they were beaten by Bournemouth AFC with 1:3 in last away game. But their home forms have been improved a lot for they achieved 2W-1Din last 3 home games.

Watford

Watford got a narrow win in last home game against Sheffield Wednesday with 1:0 and got their consecutive 6 wins. They won 9 out of past 10 matches, being in high morale. And they also improved their defenses for they just conceded 2 goals in last 6 matches.

Betting Verdict:

Middlesbrough just won 1 out of past 10 h2h games against Watford, resulting in psychological disadvantage. The 1X2 first odd is 3.10-3.10-2.38, so here predict Watford would take all three points.

Middlesbrough VS Watford

1X2 Pick: 2

Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff

The Championship is back for another round of games in this packed Easter holiday fixture list. I'm taking a look at Sheffield Wednesday versus Cardiff in a 5:30pm BST kick-off from Hillsborough. Both teams are fighting for their own aims at opposite ends of the table and at this stage of the season this division can prove particularly erratic as teams become desperate to achieve their goals.

Sheffield Wednesday started the season on a -6 points tally after breaching the league's profitability and sustainability rules. Garry Monk was the manager at the time but he has since been replaced by ex-Stoke gaffer Tony Pulis who was then replaced by former Doncaster manager Darren Moore. There was a spell for interim head coach Neil Thompson in there somewhere. The Owls are struggling to get results under any manager this season with the team down in 23rd place and 7 points adrift of safety. Just 1 win in their last 10 league games including 8 losses hasn't helped. The good news is that the team have a par for the course home form with 6 wins, 6 draws, and 6 defeats in their 18 home league games.

Cardiff are flirting with the idea of the play-offs under Mick McCarthy but every time they start to get a sniff of the top six their results and performances begin to fade. The Bluebirds are in 8th place and 5 points off the pace of the play-offs. Injuries continue to plague the team's back-line with captain Sean Morrison recently joining left back Joe Bennett, full back Joel Bagan, and right back Jordi Osei-Tutu on the sidelines. The 1-0 loss to Nottingham Forest also showed how tired some players are with the packed schedule. Particularly Wales international players Kieffer Moore and Harry Wilson. McCarthy doesn't have to numbers to rest those players although it has been argued that maybe Max Watters and Jonny Williams should be given more game time in place of those two Welsh lads but I'm sure McCarthy has his reasons. It's just 1 win from our last 4 league games now and even though we've kept 4 clean sheets in our last 6 league games we've also only scored 2 goals in our last 5 league matches. 

I'm not expecting a classic here. Sheffield Wednesday simply need to start grinding out results so they'll be looking to sneak wins by the odd goal if possible. I'm not sure we've got the energy or man power to take games to teams at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised if this ended in a 0-0 draw. I'd like to think we have enough quality to see off this Sheffield Wednesday team. I don't want to sound dramatic but if we don't win this game then you have to assume our play-off hopes are all but dead. I have to keep the faith and back us to win but I'm not overly confident.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.44 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.62 with SportNation

Just gone for a single on Reading to beat Derby 23/20 Betfred, missed the slightly bigger odds procrastinating but decided to go for it. Reading should have beaten a decent Barnsley team last time, missing an open goal cost them in the end. Derby just did enough against Luton to fend off relegation fears so they might play better with the pressure off but I just don't rate their defence and Reading should score a few here.

Brentford FC vs Birmingham City

Brentford FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Rico Henry (30/1 d), Josh Dasilva (30/5 f), Luka Racic (0/0 d), Shandon Baptiste (1/0 m)

Suspended: -

Birmingham City

Doubtful: Ivan Sanchez (36/2 m, probably out)

Out (injuries/other): Caolan Boyd-Munce (1/0 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Brentford FC
18 home games
Birmingham City
19 away games
83% Over 1.5 goals 47%
56% Over 2.5 goals 26%
28% Over 3.5 goals 11%
17% Over 4.5 goals 11%
11% Over 5.5 goals 0%
17% Under 1.5 goals 53%
44% Under 2.5 goals 74%
78% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 42%
39% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 26%
11% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 0%

SBK have got the Brentford and Norwich double at 1.35/1 which seems worth a bet. Norwich have been impressive notwithstanding the last 2 draws (had loads of chances against Preston) and I'd expect them to beat everyone in the division. Brentford are not as convincing and Birmingham have improved for the change of manager, still the most likely result is the home win.