Cymru Premier Predictions > Mar 27th

Barry Town vs Bala Town

OK, so I'm finally managing to find time to write a preview for a Cymru Premier game. It's great to get back involved and I've chosen the clash between Barry Town and Bala Town that kicks off at 2:30pm GMT on Saturday afternoon at Jenner Park as my focus. Two clubs close to my heart having played against a lot of the Barry Town squad and also enjoying a positive relationship between my amateur side and Bala Town.

Barry Town have endured mixed fortunes since returning to action after the Welsh national lockdown. Manager Gavin Chesterfield has seen his team win 2 and lose 2 leaving the club in 5th place and just 1 point outside the Europa Conference League qualification places. Only two league games remain for them to clamber back up the table before the league splits into two. The Dragons are only 4 points ahead of 7th placed Haverfordwest County so even participation in the top half of the table isn't guaranteed for the team yet. Home form remains solid with Barry Town only losing 2 of their 10 home league games so far.

Bala Town find themselves in a slightly more encouraging position than Barry Town. Manager Colin Caton has seen his team secure their place in the top six ahead of the split but with the team in 3rd place and 9 points behind 2nd placed TNS it looks unlikely that anything more than a European Conference League spot will be in their sights. The Lakesiders have also experienced mixed results since their return to playing with 1 win, 1 draw, and 2 defeats. The team does remain the only side to maintain an unbeaten record away from home with 5 wins and 5 draws.

I have to say that I look at the bookies and think that the odds on a Bala Town win away from home are a little too short my liking. I fancy Barry Town to get something from this game and with them being valued at such a high price I feel it would be rude to at least not consider a draw no bet option. Can they take all 3 points? It'll be tough but Bala Town have lost their last two league games so they're in a rut. Now is a great time for Barry Town to play them at home.

Barry Town Double Chance @ 2.02 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.80 with SportNation