Non-League Predictions > 15th December

Darran

The run will end at some point I am sure, but another fantastic day on Saturday which means the profit currently stands at 147.24 points for the season which quite frankly is staggering really. This week we have an FA Trophy double header with the Step 2 sides coming in on Tuesday and the Step 1 sides coming in on Saturday. I am taking 4 possible upsets on Tuesday night in the Trophy and 1 bet in the 4 games taking place in the National League.

Solihull v Halifax

Halifax were struggle for goals and then they played Barnet and Weymouth and scored 5 past both of them. They added to that tally of 10 by adding 3 last Tuesday against Aldershot and now they are scoring goals they can be backed to beat an under performing Solihull. Granted they did beat Hartlepool in their 1st game after their FA Cup defeat, but they weren't great and their rivals did have a man sent off to help. They then lost 4-1 to Sutton and were poor on the TV on Saturday to Bromley. I would have Halifax around the 2/1 mark

Blyth Spartans v Morpeth

Blyth are looking doomed to relegation already and in a normal season they would already be playing Morpeth in a league game. Now I am taking a chance in backing 4 Step 3 and 4 sides given they haven't played any league games since the start of the 2nd lockdown, but I do think that is factored into the prices of the selections. Morpeth would likely have made the play-offs and they are better than their current league position. Being a local derby they will be bang up for this and Blyth are there for the taking.

Bracknell v Havant & Waterlooville

The Havant manager has already said he will be resting players tonight and that gives a strong Bracknell side for their level a chance to beat Havant tonight. They have only played 5 games, but have won 4 and drawn the other. They had a good win last Tuesday against Salisbury and as I saw they have a chance of winning this with Havant resting players.

Concord Rangers v Truro City (now on Saturday)

This would likely have been a league game if the season had have been completed last season and Truro are looking strong again this time around. Concord are still to play last seasons final and it would be an odd quirk if they got to the final of this year's competition as I can't see it happening before we know this season's finalists. This is a tricky tie for them though. They have only won twice in their last 10 league games and I think Truro have the better side.

Marine v Southport

Happy to back Marine again here as Southport have been really struggling for form. They have only picked up a point in their last 4 games and that was to an Alfreton side who are doing even worse than they have. One win in 8 for Southport and we know Marine are a good side who can beat better teams than Southport from this level. As I mentioned ahead of their game on Saturday they have had the advantage of playing in the FA Cup and being able to train during lockdown.

Halifax 1pt @ 100/30 with William Hill

Morpeth 1pt @ 29/10 with Betfair

Bracknell 1pt @ 11/2 with Betfred

Truro 1pt @ 3/1 with Bet365 and Betfred

Marine 1pt @ 4/1 with Bet365 & Betfred

How do you feel about Braintree away at Billericay Darran? Braintree have picked up with a couple of results recently and played last week, whilst Billericay have also picked up despite a 2 - 6 loss last time out to a decent Hampton side. Tempted by the +0.5 AH on Braintree for just under evens (Bet365). Feel like a draw could be a likely outcome.

4 hours ago, mijOsim said:

@Darran Spenymoor should be clear favourite against Marske if they field strong eleven ? I have -1.5 AH 1.85 which is tempting to me. What do you think about this ?

Spennymoor were much better at the weekend, but Marske won't be pushovers. Would depend on what team Spennymoor put out for me.

6 hours ago, Johnmccain said:

How do you feel about Braintree away at Billericay Darran? Braintree have picked up with a couple of results recently and played last week, whilst Billericay have also picked up despite a 2 - 6 loss last time out to a decent Hampton side. Tempted by the +0.5 AH on Braintree for just under evens (Bet365). Feel like a draw could be a likely outcome.

Braintree manager has said it will be a team of youngsters as a lot of the 1st team are cup-tied.