Tennis Tips - Nitto ATP Finals, Challengers and Off-Season

9 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

I'm actually thinking about backing Diego in some form tomorrow because of the inflated odds, anyone with me? ?

I think it’s not aberration ?
Yesterday I thought Zverev could do beautiful thing here in London , but after a defeat , what is he going to do ? 
does He really want to fight for the qualification or go on vacation after all his problem ? 
Diego is on Fire ?, he plays very well actually. it’s possible that he wins . 
I’m gonna think about it 

Edited by Heisenberg68

Diego Schwartzman (+4.5) to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.82 with Pinnacle

Settled on this in the end, the line is pretty big all things considered. Djokovic was clinical against Diego, but that was to be expected, more or less. Zverev is way more shaky, throwing in a lot of double faults, etc., and he's not even as aggressive as he should be if his match against Medvedev was anything to go by. Schwartzman will give it his all, while, you know, Zverev might not given his off-court issues and relatively hopeless qualification chances. 

Mackenzie Mcdonald to beat (-1.5 sets) Elias Ymer at 1.72 at Betsson

Elias is still trying to find some form but still hasn't got it despite his nice win yesterday. Mackie met Elias in Aussie open 2018 and Mackie showed who's boss then and so he will do I suspect this time also. Not mutch to add here but Mackie has shown lately that he isn't an easy task.

ymer mcdonald.jpg

So Thiem is already qualified and Rublev is out regardless of the outcome. Although is a nice money prize for an undefeated champion and I would imagine Thiem , specially on his form  will not get into a very physical game but go strong on his serve points. Can’t imagine we would like to get into a 3 sets match and would try to avoid get that tired. 

I also agree on the over from the Nadal match, even if it’s on 2 sets I believe the over hit with at least 1 TB.

12 hours ago, K8a said:

So Thiem is already qualified and Rublev is out regardless of the outcome. Although is a nice money prize for an undefeated champion and I would imagine Thiem , specially on his form  will not get into a very physical game but go strong on his serve points. Can’t imagine we would like to get into a 3 sets match and would try to avoid get that tired. 

I also agree on the over from the Nadal match, even if it’s on 2 sets I believe the over hit with at least 1 TB.

Nice money price for undefeated champion. I think Thiem will be very motivated and Rublev is already in vacation. On more time , I think Thiem will win ?

Novak Djokovic (-3.5) to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.97 with Pinnacle

I think that we can all agree that Djokovic was poor against Medvedev. Once he went a break down, he almost gave up, making tons of unforced errors and just going through the motions. This leaves him in a situation in which he actually needs to try against Zverev and I think that Zverev is the right opponent for him to get back. Zverev has been erratic so far and he'll give Djokovic plenty of chances if he plays like he did against both Medvedev and Schwartzman. There are stakes in this match and I think that Djokovic will get back to winning ways here more often than not, so I'll take him on the reasonable handicap. At the same time, I don't think that he's the favorite to win the entire thing at this point, both Thiem and Medvedev have looked way better so far.

56 minutes ago, Heisenberg68 said:

Nice money price for undefeated champion. I think Thiem will be very motivated and Rublev is already in vacation. On more time , I think Thiem will win ?

I think the motivation in this match solely rests on Rublev's shoulders. Thiem has qualified and can decide to do anything as we have seen from past experiences in round robin matches. And this idea of Rublev already being on vacation is really a figure of speech for all intents and purposes. On the head to head count, pride or financial reward, Rublev still has a lot to play for. Rublev at least wins a set and possibly more here.

45 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

I think the motivation in this match solely rests on Rublev's shoulders. Thiem has qualified and can decide to do anything as we have seen from past experiences in round robin matches. And this idea of Rublev already being on vacation is really a figure of speech for all intents and purposes. On the head to head count, pride or financial reward, Rublev still has a lot to play for. Rublev at least wins a set and possibly more here.

Yes, agree.  Speaking about motivation, definitely more on Rublev side and even DT was motivated, Rublev also knew how to win this match-up.  Therefore the chance of Rublev winning I reckon much higher than the odds suggest.

Edited by Robinnho

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Novak Djokovic (-3.5) to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.97 with Pinnacle

I think that we can all agree that Djokovic was poor against Medvedev. Once he went a break down, he almost gave up, making tons of unforced errors and just going through the motions. This leaves him in a situation in which he actually needs to try against Zverev and I think that Zverev is the right opponent for him to get back. Zverev has been erratic so far and he'll give Djokovic plenty of chances if he plays like he did against both Medvedev and Schwartzman. There are stakes in this match and I think that Djokovic will get back to winning ways here more often than not, so I'll take him on the reasonable handicap. At the same time, I don't think that he's the favorite to win the entire thing at this point, both Thiem and Medvedev have looked way better so far.

totally agree on that.

Tricky games today- thiem rublev feels like a trap game. Rublev was awful against Nadal but got his rhythm against tsitsipas. in the last meeting in Vienna they went toe to toe until thiems w.o. Thiem already advanced (last year he lost in the exact same situation) and for rublev it is a must win.

Nada vs Tsitsipas i consider taken the over 22,5.. i even can see that going into a 3rd set. Tsitsipas likes the court in London and he gave thiem (who is my favourite at this point to win the tournament) a tough match. with his solid serve this should be a tight contest.

Medvedev is playing tomorrow against Nadal in semi final so tonight he is playing for nothing, on the other hand the difference between winning the final and winning the final undefeated is huge both in money and points ( https://www.nittoatpfinals.com/en/event/points-and-prize-money ) so i am hesitating taking him to win 2-0 at 1.90 or under 20,5 games, also him losing on purpose 2-0 (playing tomorrow it's hard to imagine he will take it to 3 sets in case he loses the first) to Schwartzman is kind of hard to imagine since he is so much better