** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sanderson Farms

Fader

Another event that's pretty low key here. I'm only going to take a handful here. I'm going to take Im this week. His price isn't the biggest, but in my mind he is the standout player of this pack and if his form is there he should be able to get the job done. I'm also giving another chance to Sam Burns. He had a brilliant last round last week and if that form continues, he has a chance here

2pts S.Im to win Sanderson 12/1 bet365
1pt E/W S.Burns to win Sanderson 25/1 willhill [8 places, 1/5th]
1pt E/W T.Lewis to win Sanderson 66/1 willhill [8 places, 1/5th]
1pt E/W N.Lashley to win Sanderson 125/1 willhill [8 places, 1/5th]

Welcome to the forum, Apey.

yeah, it depends on how many people share that position. If you have T8 and there is 8 in the top 8 then you get paid as expected but anything other than that, it starts splitting.

example, Mccumber £2.50 each-way at 150/1 - £38.75 return. About £35 profit (15.5/1) but in reality you'd expect 30/1.

1 hour ago, Apey said:

Hi Fader, yeah it’s illogical to my mind.  I discussed this with 2 bookies, they understood ok, but said they are the rules.  Bottom line is if a selection finishes on its own in say 8th place, the returns on the place will be greater than if you finished joint 2nd say, even though joint 2nd was maybe 5 shots ahead of the 8th place. It doesn’t make sense to me, and I’ve noticed on PP that since my contact with them on this matter, that they have tried to cover that on their app now to prevent further confusion.  Something punters need to be very aware of I think.

Yeah, you'd get the same amount as 2nd as you would 8th with the placing money. Same with horse racing though right? E/W 2nd is same as E/W 4th in a top 4 pay-out right? 1/4th of the odds or 1/5th the odds. Assuming you're not betting tote.

I know what you mean though. Nothing more annoying then when you see about 30 people at the top in golf and you're each-way placing. It tends to happen more on putt-fests like we've had in the last couple of weeks.

Apey, if it's a system you're trying we have a thread for it but if you're betting with it too, you can just put each tournament bet in each tournament structure. I'll have Thursdays up tomorrow or you're welcome to start the thread.