** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Will I get a 100/1 winner within 100 attempts?

League1_punter

Probably not, but it's worth a shot and hopefully a bit of fun.

Every bet I place will have odds of at least 100/1 and I will have 100 attempts at this. I will set myself a few rules as well, so I'm not putting bets on with little knowledge.

• Max 2 attempts a week
  • Only sports included will be Football & Golf
  • Football bets will only include games in the top 4 English Divisions

All bets will be with William Hill, so there will be some bets that have boosts/insurance.

Bet 1

Pukki to score 2 or more goals (for Norwich v Huddersfield)

Port Vale -1 (v Crawley)

McAleny to score anytime (for Oldham v Leyton O)

£10 @ 115.16 (boosted to 144.47)

Port Vale beat the handicap but unfortunately McAleny and Pukki didn’t find the net.

Bet number 2 has a couple games this evening with the remaining 4 at the weekend. A couple of the prices at the weekend are very surprising so I will be back if either of the 2 games this evening let me down (and classing that as week 2s bet - keeping to 2 bets max a week).

Bet 2

Millwall v Cheltenham - under 2.5

Derby v Preston - under 2.5

Hull to beat Crewe

Carlisle to beat Southend

Walsall to beat Harrogate

Mansfield to beat Leyton O

£20 at 110.06

Thank you @Torque. You are probably right. I’ve done big bets like these before and the wins are few and far between. These bets don’t just require picking good bets, but luck as well.

I’m more confident in the first month or so with the football, before the bookies accumulate their masses of data. In a month or twos time I think I may struggle compiling bets of three figures.

20 hours ago, Skittle said:

It's going to be hard enough as it is, but putting £20 on a 100/1 shot???

I guess the amounts are all relative. Not saying I’m loaded and that I wouldn’t miss £20, but normally I would spend my Saturday/Tuesday night at a game. That would be £25 ticket, £5 food, £10 at the pub beforehand, £5 petrol......and that’s a home game, you could add quite a bit more for an away game.

I’m seeing it as, some of that money I’m not spending, I’ll put on one of these bets so I’ll have the excitement as I sit and watch Jeff on a Saturday rather than going to the game. Personally, if I bag a 100/1 winner I’d be pretty disappointed with £100 returns (greedy ?)......admittedly I did get silly with this one and should have stuck to a tenner. I like to predict odds before I see what the bookies have them as. I had Walsall at 13/10 and saw they were 21/10 and Carlisle at 8/11 but were odds against. In my head the 4 games this Saturday should have been around 14/1 and I was getting 33/1, so got a bit giddy. Should not have put £20 with those Mickey Mouse cup games last night.

I will be back later for my weekend bet....but sticking to a tenner this time.

Bet 3

Kaymer (v Walker/Augestein)

Westwood (v Watson/Sugrue)

Hull (v Crewe)

Carlisle (v Southend)

Walsall (v Harrogate)

Mansfield (v Leyton O)

£10 at 123.6 (boosted to 156.3)

Hopefully the two 3 balls in the golf don’t let me down tomorrow as I won’t be placing another bet till after the weekend.....these two were ones I’d identified and just seen Ben Coley has tipped these two up as well so that was enough for me to go for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a million miles away last week - 4 wins and 2 draws. Kind of glad Walsall drew with Harrogate, with Mansfield throwing away a 2-0 lead conceding in the 92nd minute.

Gone a bit different today. Gone for a multi bet builder on William Hill

Bet 4

Fleetwood v Wimbledon - Fleetwood to win the second half and have the most corners (second half). Wimbledon to have 1 booking in the second half

Southend v Morecambe - Morecambe to score over 1.5 goals. Both teams to receive 1 card in the second half. Over 1.5 Southend corners in the second half.

Port Vale v Harrogate - Port Vale -1 corner handicap. Port Vale to score in the second half and over 1.5 Harrogate bookings in the second half

£10 at (162.62 boosted to 212.68)

Will be back around 14:30 to post a goalscorer bet (waiting for team news)

• 3 weeks later...

Mullen and Dembele netted but nothing from Doyle or Matt.

Bet 7

Bolton to beat Barrow to nil

Carlisle to score both halves

Grimsby to win and btts 

£20 at 110/1 boosted to 137/1

Gone for another £20 bet here rather than £10 as like the look of this (as much as you can like the look of a 100/1).

Quick reasoning. Bolton terrible this season but so are Barrow. Both lacking attacking threat but surprised Bolton are longer tonight than against Cambridge at the weekend. Think this will be a tight, cagey affair, but Bolton are the better team, and fancy them to nick this 1 or 2-0.

Carlisle press from the front and Oldham have a few defensive players who aren’t exactly comfortable with the ball at their feet. Fancy Carlisle to bag 2 or 3 this evening so taken the scoring in both halves option.

An Ian Holloway team. Will score lots but concede as well. Some decent results since their postponed games and don’t think they’re a bad team. Harrogate have started well but surprised they’re favourites for this so will go with Grimsby and btts.

• 1 month later...

Bet 10 was looking decent at half time with the corners in, wba having scored and 3 cards. Unfortunately no more goals in the second half and only 2 more bookings.

Won’t have much chance to get on before the weekend so putting a Saturday bet up now.

Bet 11

Norwich -1 v Sheff W

Tranmere -1 v Walsall

Oldham & BTTS v Cambridge 

£10 at 104/1

• 2 weeks later...