Racing Chat - Tuesday 11th Aug

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat - Tuesday 11th Aug
18 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

155 hay 

Queen of kalahari 224 +1 

Iconic knight  223 +1 

Normandy barrier   221 +1 

I prefer to be in the high draws in races like this so that scrubs Normandy in berth 5 ..... top 2 could be enhanced 2lb by the draw so I'll play 

Queen of kalahari 10pts win 4/1 bet365

Iconic knight 10pts win 6/1 bet365 

Queen none runner ...substitute normandy barriere

1.25 Haydock - 1pt e/w Abbotside @ 9/1 Bet365

The favourite is a short price on potential and I just think I'd sooner side against that one in a competitive race today. Abbotside is in really good heart and should relish conditions today. Shaped well in novice races and in both starts this season. Doesn't do anything very quickly, as seen when a plugging on 3rd at Beverley over the extended 7f there on seasonal reappearance and was only narrowly denied on handicap debut at Ripon last time - he certainly wasn't stopping at the line though, battling back hard over a mile when headed and the front two were 4 lengths clear in a spaced out field. Looks sure to enjoy an extra couple of furlongs which he gets today and still looks fairly handicapped considering there should be more to come now up in trip.

1.40 Wolverhampton - 0.5pts e/w Jazzy Socks @ 50/1 Bet365

Put this one up at Windsor last time and he showed plenty more than on debut but still raced green as if he would come on again for the experience. Did show a lot more speed that day and it's possible the easing ground conditions didn't help in the closing stages either. Whilst well held by Aussie Stormer on that form, it wouldn't surprise me if he took a big step forward on the all-weather today - his dam was a speedy sort and went well on artificial surfaces and these conditions might just suit. Well drawn to be made plenty of use of and if making a bright start, could take a step forward and be involved at the finish at a big price.

1.55 Haydock - 2pts win Iconic Knight @ 7/2 Bet365

Nothing out of the ordinary with this one but sometimes you just have to side with the favourites! Put this one up when winning narrowly at Chepstow last time but has only gone up 1lb in the weights, conditions suit again and the first 4 were well clear of the remainder that day, suggesting it wasn't a bad race. Still 7lbs lower than what this one was competing off last summer so should be capable of going in again.

2.40 Wolverhampton - 2pts win Annie Rose @ 6/1 Bet365

Very sweet on David Barron's runner here who shaped well on debut over 6f given that the trainer's horses always come on for their debut runs and just found 5f around Ripon too sharp last time when keeping on. Will relish the return to 6f today, the form of her debut effort makes her mark look very reasonable as all of those who have run since have gone well and her dam raced exclusively on the all-weather so there are no problems with the surface you wouldn't think. Ideal draw in stall 1 and ought to go very close.

3.55 Haydock - 2pts win Paws For Thought @ 6/1 Bet365

Intriguing little race and whilst it looks fairly open, I quite like Tom Dascombe's charge who has done little wrong in two starts to date and looks fairly handicapped off a mark of 78 today. Was a bit green on debut when keeping on behind First Prophet and progressed to be an excellent second at Chepstow last time. Not the most attractive piece of form in the world in theory but the winner has since run a big race in group company to be rated 89 and the horse 2 lengths back in third was a solid favourite now rated 80. That suggests 78 won't be beyond this one, conditions will suit and I think will enjoy a positive sit around this track from a good draw.

4.25 Haydock - 1pt e/w Filos Flyer @ 33/1 Bet365

Another Dascombe runner and this one is fairly limited in ability but goes handicapping off a lowly mark of 61 and should be capable of better. Ran midfield in a hot race two starts back on seasonal reappearance and that wasn't a bad effort as she was never going to get much closer given the respective ratings of those who finished at the head of affairs that day. Also shaped reasonably well at Wolverhampton last time, travelling pretty well but could never get on terms with the leaders who were prominent throughout and kicked on off the home bend. Kept going, however, and now enters handicaps off a fair mark. Would hope to see her race prominently today and can expect more now in more realistic company.

One Trixie today £1.50 = £6 v poss Return £75

5.05 Perth Somethinaboutangie 7/4
5.30 Hd Leoncavallo 7/4
7.10 Pert Forecast 9/4

Other bets

3.55 Hd Alablaq £1 win at 7/2
3.55 Hd Chica Bella 50p ew at 12/1

6.55 Ling Tintoretto £1 win at 4/1
6.55 Linmg Royal Dynasty 50p ew at 9/1

7.10 Perth Amulfi Doug £1 win at 6/1
7.10 Perth river Frost 50p ew at 12/1

I will be looking at 3 extra races but have run out of time for now

Multiples = £6

Singles = £6

Total stakes £12

5.40 Perth Petite Ganache £1 win at 7/2 (looks as though it runs well fresh)
6.10 Perth some boy McCoy 50p ew at 11/1 1/4 odds 4 places with Bet365
7.40 Perth Istimraar £1 win at 5/1

therefore total singles bets now £9

I am too busy to sort out lay bets on the class 5/6 races today.

Good luck every one

Trust a class 3 2/1 favourite to let me down for the 3rd leg of my Trixie.  Well at least it vindicates class 4 animals when quality races are thin on the ground.  The double paid £10.27 hence a small profit of £4.27.  The C/fwd balance is now £666.43 (£800 Bank)

I only had one singles winner which was Royal Dynasty returned at 13/2 but I had 50p ew at 9/1 This paid £6.63 so a small loss of £2.37 on the day. The balance C/fwd now is £294.78 (Bank £400)

Looks like there is only one class 3 and five class 4 races tomorrow.  I guess it is probably best for everyone to go to the beach and forget about racing tomorrow.  However, I don't like beaches so I'll probably look at some of the races

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update