Naps - Saturday August 1st

4.10 Goodwood - 1pt win Tomfre @ 15/2 Bet365

I think with eight runners, Tomfre represents a nice each way bet as he's typically consistent, will handle conditions no problem and I think is capable of winning off this mark. Was a bit disappointing in the Bunbury Cup at Newmarket last time out but didn't have the best of passages and that was a good race. Allowing for an off day, the rest of his form is very consistent and was unlucky to be touched off at Sandown a couple of starts back. The winner that day has since run respectably in a Group 1 won by Pinatubo so the form stacks up reasonably well and this one has run a number of good races in small fields so perhaps the hustle and bustle at Newmarket didn't play to his strengths either. Plenty to like in the formbook and I prefer it to the potential brought to the table by a couple at shorter prices.

Non runner new pick same race 

Goodwood 3.35 Meraas - 11/2 bet365 e/w thanks 

Meraas - from Mark Johnston yard the 3yo has been hit with 6lbs rise for winning 16 days ago up at Hamilton 6f Heineken UK Scottish Stewards' Cup Handicap going good winning by 1.75 lengths he comes here which is similar to Hamilton so will handle the track , The 3yo had five runs this season one before lockdown when 2nd a enforced break of 80 days and has won 3 race and a 9th at Newmarket his only real blip but it was on soft going so I see no problems today on conditions with Joe Fanning keeping the ride