** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup Predictions > Jul 18th & 19th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FA Cup

Man City have won their last 10 matches in FA Cup.
Man City have won their last 7 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
Arsenal have won their last 4 matches in FA Cup.
Man City have kept a clean sheet in 83% of their last 6 matches in FA Cup.
Man City have scored at least 3 goals in 86% of their last 7 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
Arsenal have seen over 2.5 goals in 80% of their last 10 home matches against Man City in all competitions.

You can find interesting 45 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 18.07.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-07-2020-19937

Arsenal vs Manchester City

The first FA Cup Semi-Final coming up this weekend is the 7:45pm BST kick-off on Saturday evening between Arsenal and Manchester City at Wembley. This game will take place under extraordinary circumstances with no fans allowed to attend the game and the match being played in an empty stadium of this size. Who will take the next step towards winning silverware this season?

Arsenal are showing more positive signs than negative ones under Mikel Arteta. The latest impressive display was a 2-1 win over crowned league champions Liverpool. It was the perfect response by the Gunners after their gut-wrenching 2-1 loss to Tottenham in the previous game. However, it was further proof that consistency remains the big problem for this team. Arsenal have already disposed of Leeds, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, and Sheffield United to reach this stage of the competition but their opponents here are on another level. This is an Arsenal side that does have goals in it though having only failed to score in 1 of their last 15 matches in all competitions. If you can score goals then you always have a chance.

Manchester City received the boost in midweek that their ban from European football has been revoked with immediate effect after a successful appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports. Pep Guardiola's side are in irresistible form right now having won their last three league games and scoring 12 goals in the process. The Citizens rested some key players including Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne for their midweek win over Bournemouth but it was far from a convincing display. It's been a fairly trouble-free run in this cup for the team so far with straightforward wins over Port Vale, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, and Newcastle. Can they win this one to move a step closer to retaining the cup they won last season?

I know that the odds and statistics all advise against backing an Arsenal win but I feel like my pure desire to see an upset at this stage of the competition is influencing my decision-making. I think the odds available on the Arsenal win are so long it's worth considering an Asian Handicap bet. Manchester City should win this but I think the Gunners could give them a decent game if they deliver a performance to their potential like the one we saw against Liverpool. I think backing Sterling to score anytime considering he's bagged 10 goals in cup competitions this season is worth taking.

Arsenal +1.50 @ 1.98 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Raheem Sterling @ 2.37 with Bet365

Manchester United vs Chelsea

The second FA Cup Semi-Final coming up is between two sides that are also embroiled in an intense battle to qualify for the Champions League this season. It's Manchester United versus Chelsea in a 6pm BST kick-off on Sunday night from Wembley. Arsenal await the winners after their shock win over Manchester City in the first Semi-Final yesterday so who will seize their opportunity here?

Manchester United are a team that seem to be evolving under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. The Norwegian had to fight his critics when he was first appointed and allegedly stood on the brink of being sacked at one point. His faith in youth and free flowing attacking football has been repaid in recent weeks with the club now in 5th place in the league and only outside the Champions League qualification spots on goal difference and one step away from an FA Cup Final. The Red Devils haven't had the easiest run to this stage with a replay needed to navigate past Wolves before dominant wins over Tranmere and Derby. However, extra-time was needed to progress past Norwich in the last round.

Chelsea come into this game under the management of another young manager in Frank Lampard. It wasn't that long ago that these two men were competing for trophies against each other on the pitch. The Blues currently sit in 3rd in the Premier League but only 1 point ahead of their opponents for today's game. If there was a word to describe their progress in the FA Cup it would be business-like. They've not exactly lit up the competition so far but have done just about enough to eliminate Nottingham Forest, Hull, Liverpool, and Leicester.

This could be a thrilling game. Both sides are playing some decent football at the moment and, no disrespect to Arsenal, but the prospect of not having to play Manchester City in the FA Cup Final will have both teams feeling if they win this game then there's no reason they can't lift the trophy. I think we'll see both teams scoring in an end-to-end encounter but I think it'll be Manchester United that probably sneak it to continue their excellent unbeaten run since the restart.

Manchester United to Win @ 2.40 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.73 with Betfred