Naps Competition - Proposal For April

Naps Comp for April

Most of us are going through a difficult time at the moment and whilst taking part and visiting the forum is not on the top of the list of priorities for people, here at Punters Lounge we realise how much a bit of normality can help. We have members from all over the world and our thoughts are with everyone.

Racing like many other industries are struggling but we have taken the decision to carry on with the Daily Naps Competition and as a reward to our loyal members Paul is increasing the Prize Money on offer for the month of April.

The new proposals we spoke about will be coming in although we are going to leave out the KO Cup competition until May as it may be difficult for 30 players trying to pick 3 selections each on the 4th of April when we may have limited action.
The qualifying places in March will remain in place for the next KO Cup Competition. 

We will accept bets from any racing from around the world during April and all bets outside of Europe will be settled at the Industry SP which appears in the ATR or Sporting Life results section.
(*Racing Post publish dividend prices which will be different from the Industry SP)

We realise backing horses from the other side of the world is not everyones cup of tea and fully understand those that choose to sit it out until things get back to normal. 

I will continue to put the daily threads up and try and pinpoint what action is talking place. Just be aware of the off times, some US and AUS Racing will be very early in the morning.

Race times will be based on the UK 24 hour clock, anything after midnight will count towards the following day regardless of when the meeting started.

Hopefully in four weeks time we will have some better news, in the meantime we wish you all the best.

Prize Money For April

1st: £100
2nd: £75
3rd: £50
4th: £25
Tipster with most winners with at least £10 profit will receive a £50 bonus

All winners will also receive Punters Lounge Merchandise.

Many thanks

:ok

though I'll never win, this really touches my heart. This forum is very heartwarming, sweet and does bring a loving, caring atmosphere (most members.??)..very supportive and this forum does feel like a second home you can go to. ?? Thank you all for the efforts, input and predictions on the forum. Stay safe, everyone and wish you all good health and happiness. ??

1 hour ago, roger2256 said:

Many thanks for continuing.  I too will be putting something up , need to support the best site in our field , (typically I would have qualified this month too lol ) anyway  sorted a new pin so bring it on lol 

Dont worry Roger, your score will qualify you for the next available KO Cup.:clap

As always, many thanks @BillyHills for keeping the site and comps running ?.  This is the best-run and most enjoyable forum on the internet, and I want it to keep going.  My recent efforts on South Africa venues have been awful, and I don't expect I'll be any better at the US ones, but I want to keep supporting this site so I'll give it a go! ?

Thanks BH and Paul

I'm sure most of us are already going stir crazy after a few days stuck indoors.

I know I am .... ?

I'm on the laptop about 14 hours a day desperately looking for something to fill the time !

I didn't really intend to bother with the overseas racing but after a few days I found myself having a casual glance and the Hong Kong meetings look OK for UK & Ire punters .... lots of handicaps and not many tracks. Might have a crack at that while they're still racing. 

Main thing though ....... everybody look after yourselves ....... let's hope we all get throught it and things return to normal in a few months

?

15 hours ago, Xcout said:

I see. Precautions have to be extreme in those cases. Just I was just suprised by the 12 weeks, I understood the quarantine to be 2-4 weeks.

@MCLARKE, @Donnyflyer, @vikki37 take care and stay safe.

Thank you. So kind of you. I can't follow it because I have a child to look after. I've stocked up tons of food but some fresh food like vegetables and fruit, the most you can get is 3-5 days maybe if we eat frozen veg too.. so I have to go out once a week at least for food shopping and I take my child for a walk around our streets twice a week for fresh air. 

On 4/1/2020 at 10:20 AM, vikki37 said:

Thank you. So kind of you. I can't follow it because I have a child to look after. I've stocked up tons of food but some fresh food like vegetables and fruit, the most you can get is 3-5 days maybe if we eat frozen veg too.. so I have to go out once a week at least for food shopping and I take my child for a walk around our streets twice a week for fresh air. 

Take care Vikki. Have you tried the government site, apparently they will organise grocery deliveries for the vulnerable if you don't have anybody to get them for you.

7 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Take care Vikki. Have you tried the government site, apparently they will organise grocery deliveries for the vulnerable if you don't have anybody to get them for you.

Thank you. Yes, I have done online grocery shopping too. However, I ordered on March 31st, the things will come on April 14th.?? all fully booked. 

Yep same here, can't get anything delivered so my daughter who livers a fair way away has to do the shopping. My next door neighbour who lives with his wife and grown up son who are all healthy seems to receive a delivery almost every day from various supermarkets, so much for supporting those who are in need.

Congrats with the Grand National !

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Yep same here, can't get anything delivered so my daughter who livers a fair way away has to do the shopping. My next door neighbour who lives with his wife and grown up son who are all healthy seems to receive a delivery almost every day from various supermarkets, so much for supporting those who are in need.

Congrats with the Grand National !

glad you have a caring, loving daughter. ?? 

Thank you.