** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Arnold Palmer Invitational

Bamford

The annual trip to Bay Hill and the Arnold Palmer Invitational.Mr Palmer may no longer be with us, but his tournament on his course is still in fine fettle. A strong field are in-attendance and this is always a title that the very elite want to capture, if they are playing well enough. A longish traditional par-72, the course is a classical, in the main tree-lined affair, but as it's in Florida, there is plenty of water in-play, A hard set of par-3s and par-4s are hard to score on, so taking advantage of the par-5s is essential. Power is advantage, but the course always ranks short in-terms of All Driving Distances, highlighting that plenty of the holes, are about driving into particular areas of the fairways, which are extremely wide. The TifEagle Bermudagrass greens will be firm, and repel approach shots, and the wind looks set to be a real factor this year - over and above previous years. 

Watson 50/1, Hatton 50/1, Ancer 60/1, Kisner 80/1, JB Holmes 100/1

Is 4 in a row too much to ask? ? this event calls for a good all rounder and so Im actually has a good chance of being right up there again but I'm not too keen on taking a player to win back-to-back. Im actually finished 3rd last year here also. The course suits his all round abilities. McIlroy is another one who should profit here but at 5/1 he can go ahead.

I'm going to take players who have been here in the past and done well. First off, albeit out of form, I'll take Rickie Fowler to get back into it. 12th in 2017. 14th in 2018 and on similar courses he won the TPC Boston in 2015. Perhaps it's time for him to finally start well, which will be needed here. Albit alittle short and a bet I'll be taking the outright without each-way placings, the next will be Dechambeau, who really suits this kind of ground. 2nd in 2018 and winner of TPC Boston in the same year, he looks to be back to form right now after narrowly losing out a few weeks back.

The next two, both at 45/1 are Fitzpatrick and Leishman. Fitzpatrick i've liked for a few weeks now and willing to give him another week. Especially after being so close last year. Leishman likes it here after winning in 2017 and T7 a year later.

finally, 2 at bigger prices and i'll take Gooch and Glover. Gooch was 2nd after Round 1 in 2018 and is getting better every week for me. Glover T7 in 2017 and T10 last year and so is worth an each way dabble

1.5pts E/W R.Fowler to win Arnold Palmer 33/1 sportingbet (1/4 odds, 6 places)
1pt B.Dechambeau to win Arnold Palmer 18/1 ladbrokes
1pt E/W M.Fitzpatrick to win Arnold Palmer 45/1 sportingbet (1/4 odds, 6 places)
0.75pts E/W M.Leishman to win Arnold Palmer 45/1 sportingbet (1/4 odds, 6 places)
0.5pts E/W T.Gooch to win Arnold Palmer 125/1 sportingbet (1/4 odds, 6 places)
0.5pts E/W L.Glover to win Arnold Palmer 100/1 betfair (1/5, 8 places)