Punterslounge Sun Dreamteam.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Punterslounge Sun Dreamteam. I have finally had my pin numbers sent by the sun for the two teams I entered online. Must remember not to select my teams late on a Friday night in the future, though they are slightly better than the one I did for Herp's comp (I think) Hope you don't mind a late gatecrasher as I have joined the MiniLeague "gottafancy" has set up online.

Re: Punterslounge Sun Dreamteam.

I have finally had my pin numbers sent by the sun for the two teams I entered online. Must remember not to select my teams late on a Friday night in the future, though they are slightly better than the one I did for Herp's comp (I think) Hope you don't mind a late gatecrasher as I have joined the MiniLeague "gottafancy" has set up online.
That's great Winbet - there were only 4 of us before - and you needed 5 to be official - so you've made us an official league :ok which I'm bottom of :cry

• 1 month later...

Re: Punterslounge Sun Dreamteam. Whoops it's midnight Tuesday not right now. :( I've no idea how many transfers are allowed but if it's just three, I can still improve my team. Four or more and I can swap Rooney for Van Nistelrooy and then start being a proper contender! :lol

Re: Punterslounge Sun Dreamteam. I've changed: * Steven Davis (Aston Villa) for Nobby Solano (Aston Villa) * Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn) for Matthew Etherington (West Ham) * Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Man United) for Wayne Rooney (Man United) I'm gonna stick with David Weir (Everton) for better or worse and El Karkouri (Charlton) has just recovered from injury to get back in the team (can't pick Darren Bent to replace Nathan Ellington as much as I want to ~ too many Charlton players ~, gotta get rid of two midfielders who ain't doing the business). ...it cost £1.50 but I feel slightly better for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Punterslounge Sun Dreamteam. PM and find out (with transfers, it makes it an even harder game to admin if the scorer's missed a coupla weeks). Anybody else who's paid the fiver to enter to try and win some real money bothered to make any transfers during international week?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Punterslounge Sun Dreamteam. Hmmm. Second and final transfer window's open. ....as much as I've made some shrewd choices (Davis, MG Pedersen, Yakubu), I've got some really, really dodgy players in amongst them as well (El Karkouri, Weir, Ellington). I'm swapping too little, too late: * Weir (EVE, £3.5m) for Chimbonda (WIG, £1.5m) * El Karkouri (CHA, £3m) for N'Gotty (BOL, £3m) * Ellington (WIG, £2.5m) for Crespo (CHE, £4.5m) My team's now (4-3-3): * Robinson (TOT, £4m) still scoring high despite what seems like a terrible run * Chimbonda (WIG, £1.5m) unbelieveable, should have picked him in the last transfer window * Queudrue (MID, £3.5m) should have swapped him * N'Gotty (BOL, £3m) can't fault him for the points he's got * del Horno (CHE, £4m) better alternatives out there for £4m or less * Davis (AST, £2.5m) shrewd move * Murphy (CHA, £3m) was good earlier on, not so much now * MG Pedersen (BLA, £2m) not bad, better alternatives though * Van Nistelrooy (MAN, £7m) should have kept Rooney * Crespo (CHE, £4.5m) hoping he does the business for me * Yakubu (MID, £4m) he either scores or he doesn't Hindsight suggests buying Lampard or Terry even at the extortionate £8m asking price was the way to go and then try and surround with some cheap shrewdies like Chimbonda. My abysmal defence and my original stuttering midfield have been my downfall and swapping Rooney for Van Nistelrooy was unnecessary as The Sun worships ol' Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...