** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > October 26th

Darran

A good night on Tuesday with Royston winning 4-0 at 3/1 and the Nap's Tamworth also landing the spoils. With the FA Trophy this weekend the only league games are in the 3 National League's and I have 6 bets.

Boreham Wood v AFC Fylde

I am not surprised Fylde made a change of manager a couple of weeks ago as things just haven't been right there this season after their play-off Final defeat in May. The thing is though they have a good squad that should be challenging at the right end of the table and I am going to take a chance on them on Saturday on the back of a hammering of Peterborough Sports on Saturday in the FA Cup. Danny Rowe hasn't done a great deal so far this season, but he scored a hat-trick on Saturday and that might well see him kick on now and start scoring goals in the league. To be fair to Boreham Wood they have been in decent nick winning 3 of their last 4 games, but Fylde for me are the better team and if Saturday has given them a massive confidence boost then I think they can win this.

Sutton United v Ebbsfleet United

Taking a bit of a flyer here as Ebbsfleet are bottom and have only won two league games, but they do seem to have improved since sacking Gary Hill. They lost 2-1 against Maidenhead in their only league game since, but it was an improved performance and then they beat Woking in a replay in the FA Cup on Tuesday night. The other reason for thinking they could get 3 points here is the fact Sutton are in poor form as well. In their last 10 games they have only picked up 1 more point than Ebbsfleet and they then got hammered 5-2 in their FA Cup replay on Tuesday night at Billericay. Granted they were a bit unlucky to not win the first game given it need a late goal from the keeper to send it to a replay, but Tuesday was especially poor. Coming off the back of the win Ebbsfleet might just give them edge here and I think they are worth taking a chance with.

Woking v Eastleigh

Given Woking haven't won since the final day of August it is amazing they are still as high in the table as they are, but they have picked up 6 draws in their following 9 games which has helped. Obviously that means the draw is a slight worry and if Eastleigh perform like they did when they lost at Fylde on BT Sport a month ago then they wont be winning this, but that is their only defeat away from home in their last 5 away league games. That loss is their only defeat in their last 9 away games as well. They have drawn half of the other 8 and they did cost me last week when only drawing at Welling, but I think they are over priced still to win the game. As mentioned above Woking lost their replay whereas Eastleigh had little trouble in getting past Welling at the 2nd attempt.

Curzon Ashton v Kettering

I took on Curzon in their last game and Blyth beat them 1-0 and that made it just one point in their last 9 league games now. They look the worst side in the division at the moment and although it might seem odd to want to back the bottom side to beat them that is exactly what I am doing. Kettering aren't great either, but getting Paul Cox in as manager is a huge coup given his track record and I am slightly surprised he has wanted to take on the job. This looks the perfect first game for him and the only way it could have been better is if it was a home tie. Even without Cox I would make these two the same sort of price so add Cox into the mix and the over 2/1 quotes look on the big side in my view

Farsley Celtic v Brackley

Obviously Farsley cost us on Tuesday night, but I did point out that their run of wins wasn't as good once you dug deeper than the bare facts suggested. They offered little against Kidderminster and although arriving to the ground late would not have helped, they couldn't cope with an improved Kidderminster side. Brackley are having another good season and performed with great credit in the FA Cup against Hartlepool last weekend despite losing 1-0. They have only won 2 of their 7 away league games this season and they came against Kidderminster (who had lost every home game at the time) and Curzon so it doesn't say a great deal. That is the concern for me, but they are a better side than Celtic so hopefully that will win the day. They have continued to be well backed since I put them up and clearly the Asian punters agree with me on this one, but I wouldn't want to chase the price down much more than it is as I think the value has almost gone now.

Hemel Hempstead v Eastbourne Borough/Wealdstone v Tonbridge Angels

I most admit Hemel are getting close to a price I would just have a single bet on as they bafflingly continue to drift. The only game Hemel have lost at home in the league this season was to Wealdstone and they had a few injuries at the time which didn't help matters. They are looking very strong this season and did very well to overcome Havant late on in their last game a couple of weeks ago. This week Eastbourne announced that they needed £40k desperately and that meant they let their manager go. One player has already left because of a need to slash the wage budget and they have only won 2 of their last 10 games. For me Hemel should be at least 4/6 so the 10/11 is big. Wealdstone lost in an FA Cup replay to Maidenhead, but they did well in the two games and were in front in the first game. The only game they haven't won in their last 10 league games was a 4-1 defeat to Havant and Tonbridge are nowhere near that level. Tonbridge did surprisingly beat Braintree 5-1 2 games ago, but the other 4 of their last 5 games have all been defeats. Wealdstone do look home bankers.

AFC Fylde 1pt @ 12/5 with Bet365

Ebbsfleet 1pt @ 47/20 with Marathon

Eastleigh 1pt @ 2/1 with Bet365 and Betfred

Kettering 1pt @ 58/25 with Marathon

Brackley 1pt @ 2/1 with BetVictor (price now gone 19/10 best currently)

Hemel/Wealdstone 2pts double @ 1.57/1 with Marathon

Spennymoor the right favs for sure, but they do look a bit short in the betting. At the same time I wouldn't really want to back us. We were much better against Bradford last weekend especially in the 2nd half, but I do think Spennymoor are improving. I would be happy with a point.

Spennymore are better now the main striker Taylor was injured at start of the season hes in good form also.  I really like the look of Wealdstone and Hemel odds still not out for the trophy yet.  That frusttates the life out of me the bookies were like this with the previous two rounds of the FA cup not so bad for the last round but didnt put prices out till late friday.