** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Following tipsters?

What do you think about following tipsters?

I signed up to one a couple of months ago - £20/month.

The results are nowhere near what he claims. He claims solid profits, but I tested it out with a small betting account and I barely broke even.

Basically, when he publishes his results at the end of the month, they're not very accurate, ie. a lot of the tips that he gave are missing, and funnily enough, a lot of the missing tips are losing tips! It's enough to take what looks like solid profits to barely break-even in reality.

The thing is, I think with a different bookie with better odds, it might actually make a small profit, despite the above...

Would be interested to get your thoughts!

:welcome to Punters Lounge @BetterBettor  :ok 

Put quite simply, there is just no need to pay for tips. There is never any guarantee a previous years record will be repeated the following year. It's much better to improve your own knowledge and style of betting, whilst managing your betting bankroll strictly, in fact this is the most important thing of all.

Punters Lounge has in house tipsters as well as some phenomenal members who post great tips each and every day. We have an ethos that no part of this website will ever be charged for, unlike say Racing Post. You really have all the things you need right here for free, and shrewd punters to interact and learn from too.

With all the updates we have coming, this will only be enhanced and we won't stop until we're the No.1 site for all punters providing everything they need completely free. It takes time, but we're making great progress in the background with our development team.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, BetterBettor said:

What do you think about following tipsters?

I signed up to one a couple of months ago - £20/month.

The results are nowhere near what he claims. He claims solid profits, but I tested it out with a small betting account and I barely broke even.

Basically, when he publishes his results at the end of the month, they're not very accurate, ie. a lot of the tips that he gave are missing, and funnily enough, a lot of the missing tips are losing tips! It's enough to take what looks like solid profits to barely break-even in reality.

The thing is, I think with a different bookie with better odds, it might actually make a small profit, despite the above...

Would be interested to get your thoughts!

In the beginning I was like this too and thought following tipsters was a good idea, and after reviewing a few such on another pretty famous blog(-a) platform about this, I decided to pay for following one of them (because I believed the ones you pay for are the only ones worth following). After 2 months and a half I realized this was a wrong decision - I did make some money out of this but it was not at all enough because the tipster was only focusing on smaller events and I don't think he had experience with the bigger leagues, or at least not a successful one. Then I started following a few other tipsters but this time for free — they too had flows, but there were some very decent ones among them. I think you can find for free good accounts to follow here too and tbh it's something you need to do for a while, I think, before you refine and are able to estimate if a paid tipster is worth following (this takes research and testing, but you need to have an idea what you're testing and looking for). So, yeah, start with free accounts and give it time.