** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Women's World Cup 2019

Only had an initial cursory look myself but gut feel is I won't be getting involved each way where they need to make the final to show a profit. They are ranked 13th in the World with the 12 above them all competing. They are 7/1 second favourites in Group B behind 2/9 Germany with 14/1 China and 66/1 South Africa bringing up the rear.

If they finish second, their most likely opponents are USA who currently top the World rankings. If they came third they could face England or (if they get lucky) meet the winner of group C (probably Australia or Brazil).

All in all I'd rather wait to see how the spreads price the outright markets or see if prices are offered for "to reach the..." markets.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started having a look at who's offering what markets and found one bet that appeals enough for an interest.

Lea Schuller (Germany) top goalscorer each way at 33/1 with Fred (1/4 the odds 1st 3 places).

Also 35/1 win only with Unibet.

Joint top goalscorer with 6 in qualifying, albeit with 4 in one game. Just feels like a decent price for a capable German striker.

A couple more bets before things get underway.

USA to win at 7/2 Hills - Stuck a tenner on it as they've got a tenner matched bet offer if you have a bet in the outright market. It's a bet to nothing as I'd no doubt be having a bet on a few of the games anyway.

Buy England tournament bookings at 60 with Spreadex - don't see too much downside in this, England should be good for 6 or more yellows and a red would be a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

First bet of the competition for me

South Korea v Norway

Least you can say is that South Korea did not had an easy start, first by logically losing 4-0 to France and then 2-0 to Nigeria. Norway is doing ok with a 3-0 win against Nigeria, and only losing to France (the big favorites with the USA) with a scoreline of 2-1, admittedly with a curious own goal from French defender Wendy Renard, but in a tight game nonetheless. Norway is a decent side with a fairly organized and disciplined defense, and a decent link-up game, whereas South Korea is... not good, in every aspects of the game. I expect South Korea to go out of the competition without scoring. 

Note : there is a small probability that Norway actively seek the draw in order to be sure to NOT meet the USA in the quarters, but since France - Nigeria is happening at the same time, i don't think they'll do that. 

Mid stake on Norway to win @ 1.41

Smaller stake on Norway to win to nil @ 2.2

Edited by artichoke

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't find  women WC matchpost topic so i put my tip here.

England - USA

Very intressing game coming up.. Both teams doing over 2 per game last 3 games,england only 1 goal allowed against Scotland first round. USA has allowed last 2 games 2 goals,1 France and 1 Spain. USA scored 22 goals but Thailand 13-0 win dosent tell everything.. These teams play 2-2 draw 2.3.2019 cup match. But i think today will both teams play very defensive game because there are high stakes.. So i put my money under 2.5 goals.

Under 2.5 goals 1.91 @marathonbet

GL!

On 6/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, harry_rag said:

A couple more bets before things get underway.

USA to win at 7/2 Hills - Stuck a tenner on it as they've got a tenner matched bet offer if you have a bet in the outright market. It's a bet to nothing as I'd no doubt be having a bet on a few of the games anyway.

Buy England tournament bookings at 60 with Spreadex - don't see too much downside in this, England should be good for 6 or more yellows and a red would be a bonus.

Might as well highlight my only post in the thread that suggests I even vaguely knew what I was talking about! :)

USA oblige in a manner that makes that price look huge with hindsight (shame I didn't have more on). England's bookings make up at 65 so just got over the line, mainly due to the 45 points racked up in the semi final v USA. Better than nothing.