** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > April 13th

Darran

Barnet v Wrexham

Barnet obviously let us down badly on Tuesday especially given they had gone a goal up, but I think scoring so early has actually gone against them. Given they were playing a relegated side and going a goal up I think they probably thought it was job done. That caught them out, but I think they might be able to bounce straight back here given their performances of late against the better sides in the league. We also have to add to this the fact Wrexham are struggling at the moment. They have lost 4 and won 2 of their last 6 games and the two games they won were against the bottom two sides in the league. Barnet are overpriced at nearly 5/2 so I am happy to back them for a 4th game running.

Eastleigh v Gateshead

On paper this is a game between two out of form sides as Eastleigh have lost 4 of their last 5 and Gateshead have picked up just 1 point in their last 5. Gateshead off the field issues have been well publicised and they only have 16 players thanks to cost cutting and a transfer embargo. I think they are running on empty now and fair play to them for going so close to the play-offs, but not surprisingly the off field issues have got in the way. I think we can upgrade Eastleigh's form especially their last two games in the past week. Going up to Fylde is never easy and after being in front they lost 4-2, but they were really unfortunate to lose to Leyton Orient on Tuesday 3-2 after being in front 2-1 at half time. With McCallum still among the goals, especially headers, I think they will prove too strong as they look to keep themselves in the top 7.

Spennymoor v Brackley

The home side blew up badly at the back end of last season although that was mainly because they had to cram so many games into such a short space of time. This time around they don't have that excuse and they have won just one of their last 8 games and that was against lowly Guiesely. They then lost 3-0 to Ashton who are likely to be relegated last weekend. Luckily for Spennymoor they already look to have enough points to qualify for the play-offs. Brackley are one place and 3 points above their hosts here and they could hardly be in better form having won 7 of their last 8 games and drawing the other. Win this and they should basically be guaranteed to 3rd place which of course is crucial as it means they play one less game in the play-offs.

Burgess Hill v Brightlingsea Regent

Three bets in the Bostik Premier to end with the week with the the first bet being a team looking to avoid relegation and they are showing signs they might just do that having won 3 of their last 4 games. The only defeat was when I put Margate up against them and they managed to beat Merstham in that spell as well. Last week they scored 2 late goals to beat Corinthian-Casuals 2-1. With their opponents not having anything to play for and the fact they have only won 2 of their last 10 games I think the home side are worth backing here.

Enfield v Carshalton

Enfield have lost 3 league games on the bounce including to Kingstonian last week which was their first leg win in 3 months. The other crucial thing for me in this fixture is the fact Enfield had the League Cup Final on Wednesday night which they won, but that was the only thing they had left to play for this season and it could be tough for them to get up for this game especially against a team looking to get into the play-offs. Carshalton have only lost once in the last ten, a surprising defeat to Corinthian-Casuals, and they look to have the upper hand for me in this fixture.

Margate v Potters Bar

I think we were a bit unlucky not to get paid out on the Margate bet last week as they should really have beaten Bishops Stortford, but I think they can bounce straight back here. Potters Bar did win last week, but that was against bottom side Harlow and it was only their 2nd victory in their last 9 games. Given how good Margate have been since Jay Saunders took over I think they win this.

Barnet 1pt @ 61/25 with Marathon

Eastleigh 3pts @ 101/100 with Marathon

Brackley 2pts @ 147/100 with Marathon

Burgess Hill 1pt @ 6/4 with BetVictor

Carshalton 2pts @ 6/4 with BetVictor

Margate 2pts @ 6/5 with BetVictor