** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > September 29th

Darran

Got to get back to winning ways on Tuesday after what has been a pretty tough month. Even on Tuesday we still had a very late goal go against which stopped the double from landing. Hopefully we can end the month on a high and I have 5 bets.

Havant & Waterlooville v Solihull Moors (National League)

Solihull's away form doesn't quite match the heights of their home form as they have lost 3 and won 3. However those loses came against Fylde, Harrogate and Leyton Orient so you can hardly knock them for losing those games. They have beaten Eastleigh, Barrow and Dover and Saturday's trip is hardly any harder than those. Havant did stop us from landing the double on Tuesday night, but they are still struggling to win games. Their home form isn't terrible, but Solihull are in really good form at the moment and I think they should be favourites for this game so am happy to take Betway's 15/8. I suspect Solihull will continue to be under estimated by the bookies and unless their form takes a turn for the worse then they are likely to remain a decent value bet. 

Leyton Orient v Sutton (National League)

I Tweeted on Tuesday that I think the league will be between Salford and Leyton Orient now. Both sides look a cut above the rest of the league at the moment and crucially neither side are really dropping silly points unlike the teams around them. Sutton have had a very strange last 3 results and how on earth they allowed a terrible Dover to come back from 2 down with 10 men I just don't know. Orient are still yet to lose and I would have them around 4/6 for this game so the even money (Marathon and William Hill) is certainly worth taking. I have been really impressed with the way Orient have been putting away sides of late and in 5 of their last 7 games they have scored at least 3 goals. That is really impressive and I think they can add another 3 points on Saturday.

Maidstone v Chesterfield (National League)

Gary Waddock said that he had never seen such a one sided game that a team has lost after his Aldershot side lost to Maidstone on Tuesday night. It seems new Maidstone manager Harry Wheeler had a game plan of making them really hard to break down and they managed to sneak a goal to win the game 1-0. That is two 1-0 away wins on the bounce for Maidstone and they should make things very hard for a badly out of form Chesterfield back on their own pitch. I was surprised Martin Allen didn't either walk away or get the sack after the 3-1 defeat to Maidenhead on Tuesday. I see no reason to not carry on opposing them especially when they have been put in as favourites again which makes little sense to me, but again it is bookies using the big team mentality instead of what is actually happening on the pitch. Marathon are 9/4 about a home win.

Biggleswade v Redditch (Southern Premier Central)

The best bet of the weekend for me is the home side. Biggleswade are still unbeaten in the league and although they have drawn 5 of their 7 games they have started the season in really good shape. The only downside so far is the fact they surprisingly lost to Chesham in the FA Cup, but what that did mean was they didn't have a game last weekend so have had a bit of extra rest coming into this fixture. Redditch seem in a right mess off the field. Ex manager Paul Davies came out in the press saying that he had to beg players to play in what turned out to be his final game in charge when they lost 5-1 to Coalville. It seems the players hadn't been paid and the chairman certainly seems to be ruining the club. Former assistant Paul Smith has now been given the job and although he has done well at a lower level, this is the first time has been in charge of a side at this high a level. He lost 2-0 to Stratford in his first game in charge and although he has brought in 5 players since he took charge they still don't look a great squad. The home side are 24/25 wuth Marathon and that price looks very fair.

Corinthian Casuals v Enfield Town (Bostik Premier)

I have been really pleased with Enfield's start to the season given I put them up at a big price ante-post. They sit in 3rd place at the moment and they should be able to stay up there. In their last league game a couple of weeks ago they came from 2 down to Lewes to draw 2-2. Both goals came from Billy Bricknell who came of the bench as he was coming back from injury. They are unbeaten in the league still and should be able to beat Corinthian Casuals who are finding themselves a bit outclassed. They won their first league of the season last time, but that came against Harlow who are one off the bottom. Their other 2 points have come against teams around them in the table as well and I think they will continue to struggle against the better sides in the league. Marathon go 143/100 about an away win and that looks a good price.

Solihull 1pt @ 15/8 with Betway

Leyton Orient 2pts @ Evs Marathon/William Hill

Maidstone 1pt @ 9/4 with Marathon

Biggleswade 3pts @ 24/25 with Marathon

Enfield Town 2.5pts @ 143/100 with Marathon

Havant vs Solihull Moors (2) DNB 1.99 1u

Havant scored a goal to equalise in the death when in truth, they were barely worth it, having only had a couple of shots on target. Solihull Moors are on a good run of form and with no injuries to key players, odds should be lower than what's on offer now.

Maidstone vs Chesterfield (2) -0.25 1.95 1u

Now, this is not an endorsement of Chesterfield's performance so far, but more a bet against Maidstone. Even though Maidstone are coming off the back of two victories, it was Aldershot who dominated the match and Stones scored against the run of play and the victory vs Braintree was a last-gasp pk awarded and also a game in which they had fewer chances on goal. Chesterfield are in dire straits, but in an away game, without home pressure might be a better one than at home. This would have been an easier pick had Chesterfield sacked their manager and appointed someone new.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Well done Darran, only followed your nap but some good away wins too...got to love a 6-1 win.

Cheers nice to have the two strongest bets win as that has been a struggle at times this season and nice to have a last kick of the game winner from Solihull. A good end to a poorish month.