** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

October 16 - October 22

Having a hard time finding bets, but I am going to go for this one.

Ernesto Escobedo (+4) to beat Denis Shapovalov at 1.86 with Pinnacle

At first glance, this should be an easy win for Shapovalov due to form and overall quality, but I don't really trust him on such a handicap line. The conditions look fairly quick, which should play into Escobedo's hands, as Shapovalov needs time to make his shots accurate and powerful. All the travel from Europe to Asia and back might have left the Canadian with a few worries as well, so I think that there's just no value in backing him here. He can crush Escobedo if everything clicks for him, but chances are that things will be much trickier.

Aliaksandra Sasnovich to beat Kristina Mladenovic at 1.90 with Paddy Power

Mladenovic is supposedly feeling better now, but I'm still happy to oppose her here. Sasnovich did well against Babos, so there's every chance that she's going to beat the out-of-form Mladenovic as well. It's hard to even say why exactly she's playing here.

Alize Cornet @ 1.90 v Rybarikova

Feeling that including the lack of real break for Rybarikova will count against a fresher, in form player like Cornet. Cornet has a bit more varietyand better movement to her game than Sharapova does, so going to back her for the win

Rodina 2.37 v Witthoeft

I know Rodina has returned from an injury but Witthoeft is really that much of a favourite?

2 PICKS FOR TOMORROW MATCHES:

STOCKHOLM: CHUNG-ANDERSEN OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.64 PINNACLE
Bookies make Andersen a favorite but first match for him coming from Asian tournaments + Chung has good return of serve to make it a close match.

LAS VEGAS CHALLENGER: SANDGREN-MIEDLER 2:0 SETS @ 1.5-1.52 SEVERAL BOOKIES
Sandgren is in a good form this year on US hard courts, a lot of good wins for him. Should be a gap in class between the two.

Ivo Karlovic to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas at 1.85 with BetVictor

Although Tsitsipas is certainly one for the future, it seems to me that he's got a pretty bad record against guys with big serves. Karlovic has the best serve in the game, so chances are that he's going to get beaten. I mean - Karlovic was able to rout him on clay in this very season, so he's certainly capable of beating him indoors.

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Ivo Karlovic to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas at 1.85 with BetVictor

Although Tsitsipas is certainly one for the future, it seems to me that he's got a pretty bad record against guys with big serves. Karlovic has the best serve in the game, so chances are that he's going to get beaten. I mean - Karlovic was able to rout him on clay in this very season, so he's certainly capable of beating him indoors.

Yes, hope it's going to be as easy as it was when Tsitsipas facing isner recently!

:cheers

Fernando Verdasco (+1.5 sets) to beat Kevin Anderson at 1.70 with Unibet

Anderson has been rather lukewarm since the US Open and he doesn't have a great record against Verdasco, so I think he might struggle a bit here. The result against Chung was good, but the Spaniard will be a step up in terms of quality, so a 2-0 win doesn't look all that likely to me.

Fabio Fognini (+1.5 sets) to beat Grigor Dimitrov at 1.89 with Unibet

Should be pretty tight imo, so taking Fognini to grab a set looks good to me. Dimitrov is the favourite, but he's bound to have some bad moments, while Fognini is bound to have some bright ones - and seeing Dimitrov on the other side of the net should force Fognini to play his best.