£100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (36% Complete)

Torque

Bet 4. Lay Hearts to beat Rangers @ 8.80

Hearts are going well in the league, lying in 2nd and unbeaten. Rangers lead the way though in the Scottish Premiership and have almost forgotten how to lose, so a visit from a Hearts team that haven't won this fixture in a number of years should hold no fears despite their good form.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

Bet 4. Lay Hearts to beat Rangers @ 8.80

Hearts are going well in the league, lying in 2nd and unbeaten. Rangers lead the way though in the Scottish Premiership and have almost forgotten how to lose, so a visit from a Hearts team that haven't won this fixture in a number of years should hold no fears despite their good form.

Finished 1-1. Rangers should have eased to victory but couldn't find a second goal and Hearts snatched a draw at the end.

Next stake £148.12

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (4% Complete)

Bet 5. PSV to beat PEC Zwolle @ 1.14

PSV struggled before the international break to get the better of Sparta, but their attacking numbers were good and a repeat of those should lead to an easy win here. Their opponents are rooted to the bottom of the Eredivisie and without a win, and in recent seasons this fixture has seen plenty of PSV goals.

37 minutes ago, JdsGooner90 said:

Never in doubt :ok :loon  

Seriously in doubt. Just like against Sparta before the international break, PSV couldn't convert their total dominance and superiority into goals until nearly the end of the match.

Before they took the lead, as annoyed as I was about the prospect of losing, there was some comfort to be had in feeling like it was just one of those ridiculous days you sometimes see where a team has all the possession and all the chances but just cannot score - the kind of game where you think they could play until next week and draw a blank. There was also comfort to be had in knowing that it was going to be a losing bet no matter which way I went - I'd have layed Zwolle after they scored if I hadn't already backed PSV and as I mentioned earlier I was thinking of backing a couple of goals and both of those bets were set to be a losers until PSV's late flurry.

Anyway, after that massive slice of luck this attempt lives to fight another day. After laying out, I effectively backed PSV to win at 1.07 and so profit on the bet was half of what it would have been had I let it run.

Next stake £158.28

Edited by Torque

Bet 6. Lay Sheriff Tiraspol to beat Inter @ 20.00

Inter should win this, but I'll cover the draw just in case. Sheriff are top of the group after two wins and the win against Real away from home means they deserve to be respected, but in truth that was a freak result against a Real side who haven't looked that impressive all season despite their decent start to the season in Spain. Inter have started the season well considering they've changed their coach and also their reduced circumstances, losing for the first time in their last game. They've been leaky in defence which should give Sheriff encouragement, but they should create plenty going forward with the pace and direct play of Perisic and Dumfries on the wings.

1 hour ago, Torque said:

Bet 6. Lay Sheriff Tiraspol to beat Inter @ 20.00

Inter should win this, but I'll cover the draw just in case. Sheriff are top of the group after two wins and the win against Real away from home means they deserve to be respected, but in truth that was a freak result against a Real side who haven't looked that impressive all season despite their decent start to the season in Spain. Inter have started the season well considering they've changed their coach and also their reduced circumstances, losing for the first time in their last game. They've been leaky in defence which should give Sheriff encouragement, but they should create plenty going forward with the pace and direct play of Perisic and Dumfries on the wings.

Finished 3-1 to Inter. They took the lead then got pegged back to 1-1, before scoring a couple more goals to make it a comfortable win.

Next stake £166.44

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (5% Complete)
1 hour ago, Torque said:

Bet 7. Benfica v Bayern Munich Over 0.5 goals @ 1.06

Not much to say with this one. Bayern are usually good for a goal plus they've conceded plenty already this season. There should be at least one goal in this.

Bayern finally scored after about 70 minutes and then ran riot scoring 4. Really felt like it was destined to be 0-0 though, especially as they've gone so long without one. At some point their streak of goals will have to come to an end.

Next stake £176.22

Bet 8. PSV v Monaco Over 0.5 goals @ 1.07

I may regret this after such a near miss the last time I bet on a PSV match, but it remains the case that their attacking output is really strong even if they are having some problems putting the ball in the net. Monaco are both scoring and conceding as well and so a goal in this game looks likely.

36 minutes ago, Torque said:

Bet 8. PSV v Monaco Over 0.5 goals @ 1.07

I may regret this after such a near miss the last time I bet on a PSV match, but it remains the case that their attacking output is really strong even if they are having some problems putting the ball in the net. Monaco are both scoring and conceding as well and so a goal in this game looks likely.

Monaco take an early lead. Nice to not have to sweat for a change.

Next stake £188.30

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (6% Complete)
On 10/20/2021 at 10:17 PM, Torque said:

Bayern finally scored after about 70 minutes and then ran riot scoring 4. Really felt like it was destined to be 0-0 though, especially as they've gone so long without one. At some point their streak of goals will have to come to an end.

Next stake £176.22

Eventually all long streaks come to an end. Bayern are a 'go to' team when you're on the look out.

Bet 9. Arsenal v Aston Villa Over 0.5 goals @ 1.07

Villa looking rocky at the back after conceding 3 in the last ten minutes against Wolves in their last match, plus strikers who know where the goal is in Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ings and Watkins, suggest at least one goal at the Emirates.

25 minutes ago, Torque said:

Bet 9. Arsenal v Aston Villa Over 0.5 goals @ 1.07

Villa looking rocky at the back after conceding 3 in the last ten minutes against Wolves in their last match, plus strikers who know where the goal is in Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ings and Watkins, suggest at least one goal at the Emirates.

Arsenal take the lead just after the twenty-minute mark. Like the last bet, always nice to get a relatively early winner - so many times it's the other way and you're hoping for a goal in the last ten minutes.

Next stake £201.22

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (7% Complete)

Bet 10. Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim Over 1.5 goals @ 1.07

Bayern have been racking up the goals in recent matches and whilst it can't continue forever, they should be able to at least score against Hoffenheim and then only one more goal is needed to land this bet. It could even be Hoffenheim who get it, as they have a relatively good record in this fixture in recent seasons.

40 minutes ago, Torque said:

Bet 10. Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim Over 1.5 goals @ 1.07

Bayern have been racking up the goals in recent matches and whilst it can't continue forever, they should be able to at least score against Hoffenheim and then only one more goal is needed to land this bet. It could even be Hoffenheim who get it, as they have a relatively good record in this fixture in recent seasons.

Two goals from Bayern in the first half hour. Wasn't expecting goals that early as sometimes it takes Bayern a while to get going, but obviously welcome.

Next stake £215.03

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (8% Complete)
1 hour ago, Torque said:

Bet 11. Marseille v PSG Over 0.5 goals @ 1.05 

I'll try for a goal in this match, although with some trepidation after two disallowed goals already. Plenty of attacking players on show and this is a fixture which usually has goals.

Finished 0-0. Red card for PSG after 60 minutes didn't help, but it might have finished 0-0 anyway.

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt