** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Vincent Tan Set To Sell Cardiff City

StevieDay1983

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-28/mustachioed-malaysian-millionaire-said-to-sell-soccer-stakes

Now, this could go one of two ways. Tan is reputedly a very stubborn individual. It has long been rumoured he is still angry that the re-brand didn't work out and he's constantly refused to take his share of the blame for it failing. There have long been suggestions he could look to get selfish over a deal to sell to save his own arse and put the club back 10-20 years by asset stripping. That said, I think his best chance at getting a recoup of the money he has invested in the club would be to make the club as appealing as possible to potential buyers.

Either way, it's worth keeping an eye on this because takeover bids can often destabilise a club in the short term as well as the long term. I wonder if anyone knows of any bookies offering a market on when Tan will sell up?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vincent-tan-not-looking-sell-12670975

An update where reports have quashed the sale rumours but I am not convinced these are true. Tan often feeds lies into the media to keep his cards close to his chest. Don't believe this for a second.

I am in no doubt he will sell, no desire or loyalty from these guys when the reality that the EPL dream is not as easy to achieve as once imagined.

Playing football manager with real clubs is a trend that overseas owners seem keen to try, until a long spell in the championship dims the optimism.

We have the same problem at Forest, but in our case sacking a manager every six months and starting again, is a consequence of being owned by people with no idea.

Laughable that the media chose to go after Cellino, they have quietened since he cleared most of the debt, appointed the right manager, and made the play-off a real possibility.

On 01/03/2017, 18:45:29, CloughandTaylor said:

I am in no doubt he will sell, no desire or loyalty from these guys when the reality that the EPL dream is not as easy to achieve as once imagined.

Playing football manager with real clubs is a trend that overseas owners seem keen to try, until a long spell in the championship dims the optimism.

We have the same problem at Forest, but in our case sacking a manager every six months and starting again, is a consequence of being owned by people with no idea.

Laughable that the media chose to go after Cellino, they have quietened since he cleared most of the debt, appointed the right manager, and made the play-off a real possibility.

Yeah, my mate is a Forest fan so he shares his grievances with us on a frequent basis. My friend Jonny did the documentary I Believe In Miracles and he had some choice words to say about the Forest owners. It's no surprise no legends of the club want to be associated with them.

I think Cellino got the attention because he was outspoken about it. He also appeared to even sack managers who seemed to be doing a decent job but not an excellent job. It's a depressing state of football and the FA has to shoulder a lot of the blame for letting such people take over clubs. The fit and proper persons test is a joke and I have no doubt some individuals are benefiting financially from turning a blind eye to certain figures. Football remains far more corrupt than we admit but because so many benefit from the joy and money it brings then nobody is really keen to uncover the dirty underworld.