** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

"Genuine" freerolls

GaF

I love Freerolls!!! Don't we all? I probably like them more than most - I'm new to poker, I'm learning and freerolls give me the chance to play to win real money, but where I don't risk anything when I make those stupid mistakes, when I play the wrong hands, when I misjudge my opponents - If my game ever improves (it must!!!) then I can see myself being more prepared to play on cash tables, or play in the more expensive tourneys, but I'm not ready to pay anything beyond £1 tourneys (yet!!). I hate Freerolls!!! At least freerolls that aren't quite as "free" as they make out - for me a freeroll that requires x raked hands, or member points (earnt for playing) aren't freerolls - as they would cost me money (because I would certainly net lose if I played x raked hands!!). I accept freerolls that require a real money account (so long as that money doesn't have to be spent!!). So what is the purpose of this thread? Well most lists of freerolls that I have come accross direct you to the "freerolls" I hate - that is freerolls that aren't free!! I wish to use this thread to create and maintain (not sure at the moment how much time I'll spend maintaining - we'll have to see) a list of "genuine" freerolls. I'll scout around a certain number of sites and keep an uptodate list of what's coming up. Any help if I miss something is appreciated. Once something is historical, I'll delete it from the message. All times are current local UK time (so BST or GMT). Currently Listed: Betfred, Party Poker, Betfair (None!!), Coral Eurobet, Bet365, Pacific Poker (Difficult to do - possibly incomplete - they don't seem to publish a tournament schedule!!!!), Poker Metro (seems to replicate Pacific Poker - so not included), Sporting Odds, William Hill (None!!), Ladbrokes, Canbet (They have a lot of $5 and $10 freerolls, with anything up to 100 entrants - hope you'll forgive me in not including those!!) I haven't necessarily played on all of these sites - If I get something wrong - feel free to tell me. I'll put up one week at a time, and aim to update daily. Comments/suggestions/(constructive)criticism all welcome!!! The following non regular tournaments are currently included (let me know if I'm missing any): Betfred Daily Record Bet365 $20K July Saturdays Paradise Poker $1,000,000 EDIT - Doesn't look like anyone uses this - if I'm wrong and you do miss this/want it - I still have the database - just let me know

Re: "Genuine" freerolls I mainly play freerolls as well, and have made quite a bit of money from them in the last few weeks (especially in our very own PuntersLounge freeroll last night ;)). I only play them though if there is a realistic chance of winning a reasonable prize, so things like $200 or even $1000 freerolls where there are heading towards 10,000 entrants are a complete waste of time. I've played the Betfred $750 freeroll most days in the last week or so, and have made the top 5 a couple of times which is nice. SportingOdds do a $1000 freeroll every thursday evening (I think at 7:30GMT, although be aware that their server clock is 1 hour out). And they have also started doing $1000 freerolls on saturday, and "free bet" freerolls on sunday where the top 30 get a free £10 bet. Both the Betfred and Sporting Odds freerolls have a reasonable number of players (between 200 and 350 usually) which makes them definately worth playing as getting to the final table and into the big money is by no means impossible. Canbet use the same software as SportingOdds and have a $1000 freeroll late monday nights (well 2:30am tuesday mornings actually) although unless you don't mind not sleeping it's not really ideal for people living in the UK / Europe. I have played it once though, but as I was so tired I played like a nutter going all in with pretty much anything for the first half hour :tongue2, and I got lucky and found myself in the top 2 or 3, so decided to play properly and ended up playing til 5:30am, and finishing 3rd for $120 :nana. Bet365 usually have a $5000 freeroll every saturday, and although it usually has nearly 4000 players, the top 300 get paid and the prizes for getting in the top 10 make it worth trying, although to get anywhere near the final table in such a big tourney you would need a LOT of luck as well as skill. This month though I think the $5k freerolls are being replaced with $20k freerolls ( :loon ) every saturday at 8pm, where the top 1000 get paid, and first prize is $2500, so they are definately worth having a go at (although i'll probably be out :beer most Saturdays so won't be able to play) If anyone else has any freerolls along these lines (i.e. not too many entrants, reasonable prize pools and no raked hands requirements) it would be great to know of them :ok

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Thanks for the info GPWC. Agreed on the number of entrants - I'll add some info on that. This is for newbies/amateurs though - is there any way I can block "champions" from seeing this thread? :tongue2 This is also a lot more repetative than I imagined when I started, so I'm changing my approach a little - I'll set up a database to generate the text for me - so there may not be an update for a couple of days...... Thanks for posting the password equinoxx - although I was trying to avoid giving it out directly, I can see your intent to help was there......:clap The passwords are valid for a week - Saturday to Friday - then there will be a new password. Last weeks password was lomond - so you can see the theme devloping.....probably won't be too difficult to guess future passwords (though they are on the Daily Record Web Site anyway)

Re: "Genuine" freerolls no problem - I can see that point of view. :D My view is that it is a good tourny and the Daily Record deserve a little bit of visability from it - even if it is only from people briefly visiting their site - I'd rather they view this as a success, to encourage future support of this kind.

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Hi Gotafancy..... Some of the "qualifying" freerolls ain't too bad - provided they are coupled to freebies as well. Think I'm just about to get into the 30K one for bet365 after playing 250 raked hands in June - only reason it didn't cost was miserable boring tight play and the "offer" in June of put in $50 and get £10 back (up to $50) for every 50 raked hands. Mind you even playing tight I've only just about broke even on the deal. Shows you what a lot of sharks there are in even the 0.25/0.50 NL cash games (got to play at least them to ensure sufficient rakes). I suspect my aversion to losing too and therefore playing cash games with a small pot much makes me easy pray for big stacks bluffing me out of the pots. Am consistently winning at this poker lark ... but figure that unless I start betting bigger then I'm never gonna be able to make more than minimum wage ... won't give up the day job :-) Thanks mucho for the info on BetFred - looks like I'll be moving my base there from Betfair - they still have £1+0.10 tournements and their interface is more colorful. Generally find tournement play much more interesting.

Re: "Genuine" freerolls lol - this thread wasn't meant to be an advert for Betfred....that was just the first one I did - And it won't be once I have finished some tools to automate the process. Having said that, I do like BetFred - mainly cos I got in the money in both $1000 tourneys this evening - finished 8th in one - not far off my best result anywhere......:lol

Re: "Genuine" freerolls OK - I think the automation process is set up - just a question of collating the data now - Betfred is done - others to follow soon. My intention is to update roughly daily, and put the next 7 days worth up - all in the first message of this thread. Just one query - anyone any ideas why I've got that HUGE gap between the text and the table? I input the HTML to create the table without the gap, but don't seem able to do anything to remove the gap...... Any other comments/requests/(constructive)criticism more than welcome. Cheers

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Cheers Jezza I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of - it's most bizarre - the space is there, but it isn't - sometimes in Edit mode it doesn't show up, when it does it cannot be highlighted and deleted!!! Have tried deleting all, then redoing it, but getting the same.......

Re: "Genuine" freerolls No - I'm using php and mysql. I was worried about putting it in a different message/thread every day - it's quite big and I didn't want to spam/flood/suffocate the messageboard.....

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Copy it into exel and you will notice a thick line at righthand edge of the table.This is probably something to to with your programme.If you add exel borders to your table it dissappears,I have no idea why. It may be that this will not happen when you transfer directly from your programme, as I could only use the on site table I just dont know. How many updates do you think there would be each day? Just copy/paste your table as this is what I did after putting it in exel.

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Looking at one update a day (though, a few more today while I get it up to date). My original just generates HTML, that I copy and paste into the forum, I'll swith to the other board and experiment a bit going through Excel...... Thanks for help.

Re: "Genuine" freerolls no - there are 2 Party Poker freerolls that just require you to have a real money account - they're good ones - $5000 with max 2500 entrants - only problem is they start at 23:20 and 07:10 (BST) - you also HAVE to register within minutes of registration opening as it is full very VERY quickly....

Re: "Genuine" freerolls If you're interested in this evenings Party Poker freeroll - registration opens shortly - at 21:20 BST (it will only appear in the lobby about 60 seconds before registration starts) - expect it to be full by 21:30 BST

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Ok - have updated the first thread with all the poker rooms I'm aware of. Can YOU check that your favourite poker room is included and that your favourite Freerolls are there - if not, please let me know and I'll make the necessary update. The regular tournaments should be easy now - but I need your help, your eyes and ears to help me keep updated with the occasional tournaments (like the bet365 $20,000 tournament highlighted by Pat Nevin) - please help me keep those tournaments up to date - when a non regular tournament is added to the database, I will list it in the first message. Editing messages, doesn't mark them as unread - so you won't know when it's updated - but it's my intention to update daily (having the next 7 days available) - If I know I won't be able to update, I'll post a message saying so.

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Just to highlight - Registration for this Saturdays Bet365 $20,000 Tournament opens at 12 Midday (BST) Today (Thursday). There are 10,000 places - I've never played Bet365 before - don't know how long it will take to fill that up.....but I imagine such an attractive Freeroll will fill up quite quickly.....

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Received an email from Paradise Poker. They are going to be running the first ever million dollar freeroll! :loon :nana Heats are played before you can qualify with maximum of 4000 entrants. For more details check out the Paradise website (although if you already have an account with them, you probably got the email as well). Prize structure is a bit rubbish though. 1 million first prize and 2-10th only 10K. 500 entries paid but I'm only ever bothered about making final tables so thats the only info I'm posting:rollin Got to enter this, come on everyone lets get our clique together and take over Paradise.

Re: "Genuine" freerolls Cheers Doddsy - Has been added to my DB. What's a "Final Table"? Not sure I understand the concept.......lol $50 for 500th place sounds great to me....... The final table is played in "paradise", face to face - so there's a free holiday in paradise for the final 10 as well. There are 3 qualifiers a day through most of July and August - with 4000 entrants allowed in each one, but only the first you choose to enter will be a genuine freeroll - after that, there is a raked hands qualifying condition.