New Year Resolution

StevieDay1983

The new year is fast approaching and I want to know what your football club's new year's resolution should be? Do you need a new striker? Does your side need to tighten its defence? Or do you simply need something off the pitch to change like the season ticket prices, food on offer in the stadium, or the atmosphere at the ground?

Let me know!

For me, I think Cardiff need to invest more in the youth academy. For all of his positive points, Neil Warnock has basically cut off all funding to the youth development programme and has even sacked a number of key youth academy staff. He said he wants to take a more hands-on role with it but Warnock is notorious for having little faith in young players.

In the past, when we have invested in youth, it has been prolific. The likes of Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley, Adam Matthews, Rob Earnshaw, Cameron Jerome, and Chris Gunter have all come through our youth system be it from the very start or being signed from another club's youth academy at a very young age. We also have had players such as Gareth Bale, Craig Bellamy, and Ryan Giggs that have grown up in and around Cardiff in the past so it is a proven market.

I just hope we do not look short-term and focus more on the long-term.

I hope 2017 to start in a way 2016 ended for my favorite club AC Milan. Its almost a decade since Milan doesnt play any serious role in European neither in Italian football. 2016 ended much better then expected under Montella having in mind what team he have.

In 2017 I expect to finally see the Chinese money :D They are also aware that Milan has very good chance to get in top three this season, and should make use of it. I hope they develop the club in a way that its self-sustainable through increase of profit coming from the Asian markets, not just having an owner which splash the cash when needed.

• 2 weeks later...